Can someone explain..Midland Bull Test Questions

Help Support CattleToday:

Wisteria Farms

Reaction score
Can any of you shed some light on the statement "lying Leo"...
I did a search to learn more about the Midland Bull Test Sale. I read some posts that had some not-so-nice things to say about the owner. This seemed to relate to Canadian breeders but I would still like to know what happened... anyone please feel free to PM me (or post it here) but I'm not looking to start a war... just get some information...thanks!

Wisteria Farms":3iq8mf4k said:
I did a search to learn more about the Midland Bull Test Sale. I read some posts that had some not-so-nice things to say about the owner. This seemed to relate to Canadian breeders but I would still like to know what happened... anyone please feel free to PM me (or post it here) but I'm not looking to start a war... just get some information...thanks!

I think Leo was involved with starting up R-CALF. R-CALF has worked to keep Candadian cattle out of the US, thus he's not a popular figure with Canadian cattlemen.

Frankie":26tm7u9z said:
Wisteria Farms":26tm7u9z said:

I think Leo was involved with starting up R-CALF. R-CALF has worked to keep Candadian cattle out of the US, thus he's not a popular figure with Canadian cattlemen.

Yep- Leo was one of the first to take a position and stand against the imports of Canadian cattle which was hugely negatively depressing our US markets and cattle prices (which was shown during the record prices we experienced when the border was closed)- and was instrumental in the forming of R-CALF and now the USCA which both are now fighting for the benefits of the US cattlemen....

Thank you very much....my husband spoke with him on the phone and he seemed like a very nice gentleman... just wanted to see what was behind the harsh comments... thanks.

Oldtimer":1ecqlby1 said:
against the imports of Canadian cattle which was hugely negatively depressing our US markets and cattle prices (which was shown during the record prices we experienced when the border was closed)- and was instrumental in the forming of R-CALF and now the USCA which both are now fighting for the benefits of the US cattlemen....

Replace "fighting" with lying and lobbying.

Inconsequential now.

Latest posts