calf teeth

Help Support CattleToday:

sfr

Reaction score
I am new to the bussiness could anyone tell me how long it takes for calves to get all there teeth. I have a 7 month old calf with no upper front teeth.

Cattle don't have upper front teeth. They have a tough pad, instead.

PS Brace yourself, there is likely to be fallout from this question, but don't let it get you down.

dont hold your breath. your calf will never have upper front teeth. i laughed at the hired hand when he first started b/c he told me one of the cows tried to bite him. :lol:

msscamp":23ruaw2o said:
Cattle don't have upper front teeth. They have a tough pad, instead.

PS Brace yourself, there is likely to be fallout from this question, but don't let it get you down.

I couldn't get on him,I lost my chew while ROTFLMAO.

sfr":67wvd0qb said:
I am new to the bussiness could anyone tell me how long it takes for calves to get all there teeth. I have a 7 month old calf with no upper front teeth.

Boy this brings back memories. I don't know how many people have asked me why I don't have any bulls. I say " what ya mean, I have bulls, see there". Then they say oh that's not a bull, it doesn't have any horns. :shock: Then they tell me bulls have horns and cows don't. I really get a kick out of that one.

My cows have teeth cause the vet. counted them or something to tell me how old they were!! But I have had people ask me about the bulls and horns deal! I get so tickled!!

cowbelle":iaw0fegh said:
My cows have teeth cause the vet. counted them or something to tell me how old they were!! But I have had people ask me about the bulls and horns deal! I get so tickled!!

They don't have front uppers if they do them are horses.

cowbelle":k84gksti said:

Yeah, I think the next one that comes along with the bulls have horns theory, I'm going to get my camera and ask them if I can take a picture of them milking that big old Hereford cow standing there with no horns. :shock: :lol:

Its a lot better to ask a question like that here , than down at the auction barn. At least you cant see these people laughing . The only way to learn about cattle is to observe and ask questions.

Common boys...be nice!
Oh yeah...cows can bite, just get a finger between the teeth and the hard pallet and see how sharp the calf teeth are.
Keep on asking questions...the only way to learn unless you get a good cow book.
Good luck.

That is nothing. I have a lot of chickens and everyone wants to know why I have a rooster. They think you need a rooster for the chickens to lay eggs. I tell them that as long as a chicken has lips it will not need a rooster to lay eggs. The upper teeth question is a legitimate one. People relate animals to themselves. They cannot fathom why a goat will urinate on himself to attract female goats, people relate everything to themselves. If it does not fit in to what they used to--it then becomes gross or disgusting. People are strange. I don't think animals judge us like that.

Teeth well thats not a big deal at all.

But please dont milk your bull. It could end very poorly.

MD

cowbelle":f5wqecbz said:

Checking the bottom teeth on an animal is a valid way of determining an estimated age of a cow.

Asking kids how many teeth a calf has on the top of its mouth has always been a Judge favorite when asking questions in showmanship classes.

Ryan

redfornow":9pq9n79k said:
Teeth well thats not a big deal at all.

But please dont milk your bull. It could end very poorly.

MD

cowtoon1961.jpg

Latest posts