Calf table/calf headgate

Help Support CattleToday:

Rniemann

Reaction score
Do you have and if so do you find yourself being thankful you have it? Basically, should I get one?

I work almost all of my calves on a table. The only exceptions are if they get big enough to be to much to handle that way and then we rope them if I have help or do them standing up in the chute if I'm by myself. I love it for the calves... Low stress and fast! we bunch about fifteen at a time in the alley and have the kids push one at a time into the table and they're flipped, worked, and turned out before they know what hit them so it's really only a minute or two of real stress on them.
We ran nine head of late calves over the table about three weeks ago with me, my wife, and my two kids, aged nine and eleven and from the time we got the cows penned to turning the whole bunch back out was under a half an hour and sorting the cows off took quite a bit of that time.

What kind of calf table is it? The one I have is more work than hemming them up in a corner. Maybe I just don't know how it is supposed to work????

Gunner":2d1a570u said:
What kind of calf table is it? The one I have is more work than hemming them up in a corner. Maybe I just don't know how it is supposed to work????
Mine is a preifert. I work calves at about two-three months old and they're range calves so running them up in a corner is a good way to get your head kicked off.

Latest posts