Calf sitting

Help Support CattleToday:

Bama

Reaction score
Someone on here several months ago posted a topic on calf sitting. I read over it and thought what the ______. Guess what I'm doing this week, yep calf sitting. Long story made short, well shorter. My 75 year old Mamma sold out her herd this spring. Shes a real stubborn woman. She insisted on feeding them herself. If I fed one day she would getup and do it an hour earlier the next. Same thing with my brothers she wasn't gonna let anyone of us do her job. Anyway after she sold out she missed the cows. My brother had a calf with no mamma, another longer story, that he gave her to bottle feed. He is like myself he don't have time to bottle feed but thought it would be good for our Mamma. The calf is about a month old now and doing great. Momma went on a vacation with my sisters. I live next door so I moved it from her barn to mine and have been bottle feeding it for a week now. I got it on grain but still do the bottle thing. You know when it comes down to it wives and Mommas have a certain way of making men do things and enjoy them.

I'm thinking of taking a vacation.
Is Virginia too far to drive? :lol:
My calves like to be petted once a week. And please scratch their bellybuttons! :lol:

cfpinz

cfpinz":omiqif6l said:
My calves like to be petted once a week. And please scratch their bellybuttons! :lol:

cfpinz

Like I said wives and mommas have a way of making men do weird things. I don't think you will pass for either. :lol: Although I will be passing through Virgina in about a month.

Bama":24czfc0j said:
cfpinz":24czfc0j said:

cfpinz

Like I said wives and mommas have a way of making men do weird things. I don't think you will pass for either. :lol: Although I will be passing through Virgina in about a month.

You're right. I wouldn't make a very good example of either, my legs are too hairy. :lol: What part of VA are you going through?

I'm going to northern Maine bear hunting the last week of august I think its 81 we will be on.

I live a half hour from 81. If you feel like stretching your legs, let me know.

Thanks but it'll probally be in the middle of the night when we come through.I like driving at night. There is some great looking country, but I have saw it several times.

Bama":1r50n99f said:
You know when it comes down to it wives and Mommas have a certain way of making men do things and enjoy them.

I don't know about the wives part and I'm not a man, but I can still certainly attest to the Momma's (and Daddy's) part! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts