calf is at the butcher

Help Support CattleToday:

shanel

Reaction score
The steer is at the butcher he weighed 1240,How do you all prefer to have yours cut up?

and the other 1/2 all roasts possible option.
This is what i'm getting at.We need to minimize the hamburger meat.Any other thoughts?

Maybe it's too late but make sure to ask the butcher to hang the carcass for at least two weeks before cutting it. Can make a big difference.

As far as the cut goes, I find that my family and most customers are not much for soup bones, beef ribs etc.

I have mine cut up for 1" steaks, lots of roasts (ask if they can make some boneless rolled roasts) and the rest ground up into very good hamburger. I save the briskets for a few people who know how to cook them and forget the organs. jmho. jim

I get my briskets - there are real easy recipies to turn them into the best Corned beef- YUM

Just my opinion... Corned beef is a waste of a perfectly good brisket that could've been smoked!!! LOL
I can appreciate a hot corned beef sandwich on a cold winter day though.

shanel":2u3kwj4m said:
The steer is at the butcher he weighed 1240,How do you all prefer to have yours cut up?

In pieces........ with a knife.............. :mrgreen: :clap: :banana: sorry you just made it too easy. :cboy:

Latest posts