Calf crop has started

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score

Bottom calf is a new color for me,
bought her mom as a heifer through the barn. She is heavily Brahman influenced beginning to think she is a Char cross.

I've always thought a neat thread would be people posting their first calf of the year. Nice calves btw.

All the cows are 1/2 to 1/4 Brimmers
with the other percentages being Hereford,Char,or Brangus using an Angus bull. Get some yellow white face out of the Braford/Char cross from time to time. They actually outsold my baldie calves last year,
This is the first smoke I have ever gotten. The Braford/Char cow raises a heck of a calf I just don't like the diluted that shows from time to time.
The cow in the top pic is a Braford/Char cross.
The calf standing next to the dun heifer was the top selling calf last year and the calf of the top cow.

Nice looking animals Caustic! That blue/gray is nifty. I've had that color of calf grow off to be tan, black, smoke or stay gray. Each time, they sold well.

Workinonit Farm":y85pv1go said:
Nice looking animals Caustic! That blue/gray is nifty. I've had that color of calf grow off to be tan, black, smoke or stay gray. Each time, they sold well.

I am actually thinking about keeping her for my granddaughter to show in the commercial class. She will be 14 months old just right for their county fair. In commercial class they have two categories 1/2 more or less Brahman. Of course paw paw will be the high bidder .
I am changing out bulls after this season

Caustic Burno":1apipcvb said:
Workinonit Farm":1apipcvb said:

I am actually thinking about keeping her for my granddaughter to show in the commercial class. She will be 14 months old just right for their county fair. In commercial class they have two categories 1/2 more or less Brahman. Of course paw paw will be the high bidder .
I am changing out bulls after this season
What's next?

Caustic Burno":1ieyq24j said:

I think that's a great idea!

Latest posts