Cab Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

ncboy34

Reaction score
Looking at a couple of used cab tractors that are in my price range and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these. One is a John Deere 6110 with about 3200 hours on it. I was told everything works good except the cylinders on the 3pt hitch are leaking a little bit. They are asking $22,500. The other one is a 2011 New Holland T5060 with 2340 hours. Don't know about any issues with this one,h aven't called about this one but it looks like it is in good shape (without actually seeing it in person). Asking price on this one is $29,500. Both have loaders on them. I don't have it in the budget for a new one but at the same time need something reliable. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on these brands?

Friend of mine has a t5060 and it's a very good tractor. His has over 3000 hrs on it and hasn't had any problems.

We have a Maxxum 110, same engine. Starts good in the cold, engine has been reliable. Nearly 4000 hours, has had a lift pump, trans calibrated by dealer, hydraulic pump, A/C switch, and a few other things. A little underpowered, uses quite a bit fuel (4 gph when working it), and the clutch is incredibly jumpy. It has a hydraulic leak from the 3 PT rockshaft which is going to be pretty expensive to fix too. Ride is rough from the short wheelbase and seat location.

CNH parts are expensive, but I'm sure that can be said for Deere too. Cabin air filters are 30 bucks each, and there's 3 of them.

It looks like the NH has separate Windows though, which is nice. The Case doesn't, which I really dislike.

I got a T5060 this year and really like it. I think the 6110 is an older tractor and not quite as much power so for the money difference I would go with the newer one if it`s in good condition. Parts prices are high on all brands anymore it seems.

i know nothing about the JD 6110.but i do know this you better have the JD checked out if the lift cylinders are bad it could coost a chunk to fix.

Latest posts