bye bye bottle baby

Help Support CattleToday:

holly heifer

Reaction score
Last years bottle steer weighs in at 900 lbs. Yea, he is a big tame lug. The kids took him in
4-H ( starter calf program) but they only show heifers ( that attachment thing) If he were to
return as a regular 4-h calf, he would have to be in the auction at the end of the fair. So for
him the sale comes sooner. Sis tried to make me feel guilty, I unloaded him from the
other farm to put in the feeder lot with the others to be sold. She is telling me, "oh poor
baby, someone is going to kill him and eat him" . I just looked blankly at her. She just kept
at it. :roll: After about 10 minutes of this, I told her that she could buy him from me and he
could be her pet. ( I had a pet steer once- it will not happen again) She declined ( cost of
feeding him ) SOooooooo, MR.Big Mac is moving on. I have that bottle calf in the barn
that looks just like him! Its like he never grew up or left. :shock: ( herfs sorta look alike! )
I gotta buy hay, last years calves need to go. Someone is looking at them today. :banana:

I feel ya Sis on that, but we have to settle with ourselves they are raised for beef.At some point they will get eaten.I've had a few that I consider a pet but I knew they had to go sad sad day to see that :(

Latest posts