Buying calves at a cheap price

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":2b2g6bef said:
manitgotcoldhere2":2b2g6bef said:
upfrombottom":2b2g6bef said:
We Southern boy's have all got a dictionary, how do you think we know what the heck the Yankees are saying?
Well now hopefully a yankee on vacation can read it to you while they are there.

Obviously, this Yankee doesn't know punctuation.
Correct, I was to busy learning the correct meaning of words.

slick4591":1aoe3653 said:
Just a suggestion, but don't knock something until you have everything correct. You make it to easy. :lol:
I might not puncuate as good as you, however I do know what a yearling is and is not. I don't have to ask what is meant by the words medium and large 1 and 2 either.

manitgotcoldhere2":oqd9pjug said:
3waycross":oqd9pjug said:
BTW go ahead and be the moron who thinks that they are ignorant or just plain dumb, cuz they talk different than you do.
Thanks for the name calling again 3 way.

Obviously you feel like the description fits you. I gave you a choice you're the one who chose it!

You picked this fight with 2/3's of the board and you act like the description may be innacurate :dunce: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Manitgotcoldhere2- I didn't ask you to give me a lesson on the English language. I don't care what you call your calves or what I call my yearling, but all I do know is lets put my yearlings against your "calves" and see who's got the upper hand.

circlew":32sowxym said:
Manitgotcoldhere2- I didn't ask you to give me a lesson on the English language. I don't care what you call your calves or what I call my yearling, but all I do know is lets put my yearlings against your "calves" and see who's got the upper hand.
This is not English today it is cattletoday, it might be helpful if you knew what is meant by the world "yearling" in cattle terms.

3waycross":3k71jbc8 said:
manitgotcoldhere2":3k71jbc8 said:
3waycross":3k71jbc8 said:
BTW go ahead and be the moron who thinks that they are ignorant or just plain dumb, cuz they talk different than you do.
Thanks for the name calling again 3 way.

Obviously you feel like the description fits you. I gave you a choice you're the one who chose it!

You picked this fight with 2/3's of the board and you act like the description may be innacurate :dunce: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
It is name calling, and it is about the only thing you bring to this board. I can't change the fact that 2/3's of the board doesn't understand simple cattle terms, thats why I suggested they purchase a dictionary. Maybe you should get one, and look up the definition of moron. Then try to remember who doesn't know what a yearling is, 2/3's of the board from the south, or the yankee.

–noun
1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
2. Psychology . a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

Just to save everyone some time.... :D

Damm yankee's, I don't care how they do it, or what they call it up north. Circlew you need to be buying them yurlin's, look'em in their eyes, if there bright and clear buy'em. Lets just respect each other, and have some fun.

Thank you highgrit for the advice. This is just an idea I have been floating around. We are starting to get a good rain about once a week so I hope my millet takes off. If it does then I may try some of the calves, if there is anything to them when I at the sale.

LRTX1

Could you please post the definition for yearling as well?

He is a very annoying person. However you may have accidently opened a can of worms, by posting the moron definition.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

manitgotcoldhere2":2wq5yjem said:
TexasBred":2wq5yjem said:
manitgotcoldhere2":2wq5yjem said:
300 lb. yearlings?
Seems around here a lot of folks call just about anything a yearling (pronounced yurlin') regardless of age or size. Used more as a slang word and has nothign to do with age.
There is this thing called a dictionary, southern boys need to purchase one.

The OP explained what he meant. Why go out of your way to be such an azz & offend so many fine folks ?
I grew up in Yankee country & am now a mountain girl. It's okay if I don't always understand what the southern boys mean, at least they're still polite and considerate of others'.
I'll take that over a pretentious snot anyday...

upfrombottom":2xj2hu00 said:
I believe Webster must have been a Bloody Yank. How else would the rest of the world get everything we say wrong?
The original poster said he basically called anything 300 lbs. up a "yearling" which is pretty much what folks around here do except they pronouce it "yurling" as I mentioned. What this other feller is saying is that if you tell him you have 80 yearlings for sale, when he drives 300 miles expecting to buy 80 calves close to a year old and weighing 800-1000 lbs that were represented as "yearling" he expects to see that type and size cattle. I guess semantics can be everything especially when you have two guys trying to make a deal using two different languages. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred well put. If I were advertising I would put 80 300lb calves in the advertising for all those slow yankees who don't understand us swanky rednecks. :lol: :lol: :lol2:

TexasBred":2dzsd4ac said:
upfrombottom":2dzsd4ac said:
I believe Webster must have been a Bloody Yank. How else would the rest of the world get everything we say wrong?
The original poster said he basically called anything 300 lbs. up a "yearling" which is pretty much what folks around here do except they pronouce it "yurling" as I mentioned. What this other feller is saying is that if you tell him you have 80 yearlings for sale, when he drives 300 miles expecting to buy 80 calves close to a year old and weighing 800-1000 lbs that were represented as "yearling" he expects to see that type and size cattle. I guess semantics can be everything especially when you have two guys trying to make a deal using two different languages. :lol2: :lol2:

To be redneck correct the term is actually "yurlin' " :D

Latest posts