Buying breed cows.

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Buying breed cows.

Now that I am out of retirement again, next year I intend to start another cow/calf operation by buying 10 - 15 Black Angus breed cows at auction, to go along with my 30 feeder calf operation.

This is not a trick question and I am being serious for a change.
Just consider this a refresher course for old SL. :)

What would you look for most in the cow?
What would you like to see, or what would you not want to see?
Thanks
SL

a flat back.......and free of other obvious defects, but then aren't you the guru?

When you deal in used cows, check udders, select good feet and legs and buy bred cows that fit your expected calving season.

cow pollinater":3hp1q0m9 said:
Beefy":3hp1q0m9 said:
breed cows?
You have to remember, Sir Loin is dyslexic... It should read "breed cows" instead of "breed cows"... Oh, wait...
First couple of time I read "braid cows": later did I notice that it is not scottish and that it said "bread cows", and that makes more sense... :compute:

Never did understand all that crap about noun, verbs and transitive verb, plus I had some PA Dutch up bringen, mixed with some redneck ridge runner verbiage, which produces a lot of improper grammar.
bugil7ja4.gif

Now youins please throw the cow over the fence some hay and plug up the light and try to answer my question. PML
SL
smileyobamasucks.jpg

Heading to the sale barn in a few. I'm selling 4 culls and may buy 15 red balancer heifers (already grouped). The calves may not meet my price target in which case I'll check out the bred cows..sorry...breed cows. We'll see. My guess is I'll come home with an empty trailer.

Latest posts