Buyer Driving Me Nuts

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Selling this guy a half a beef.
He is driving me crazy.

Why is this half more exspensive then the last one?
Because the last one was only a quarter beef.

Where's the rest of the beef?
That was it, only a 1/4.

Friend told me there should have more here.
That's it.

He did this last year and I'm betting anything he is going to nit pick everything again this year.
If he does it again, this is the last year he is going to get a beef from us.

Never had this much trouble with our other customers.
The processing cost went up too.

Back when I was contracting, I had a Doctor that I did work for, that nit picked and raised nine kinds of heII about everything. I always smiled and kept my cool when speaking to him, but when it came time to make out a bill, he got what was commonly called "pencil whipped". Compensation cures alot of ill feelings.

He leaves in the back of the butchers truck gimpy or the cattle pot depending upon age. ;-)

I know what you are saying.

Might suggest he go to our neighbors, they sell beef too.
Certified Organic Angus beef. They charge over $5 a pound. :lol2:

Pencil whipped, I like that. We used to call it @ss-hole tax. Sister in law waited tables, graveyard shift, at Denny's. Every obnoxious drunk in the county ended up there at closing time it seemed. The ones that were just plain mean to her, they got a little a-hole tax added onto their ticket. After they left, she'd void the ticket, ring it back in right, and collect her tax.

ILH, I brokered some beef for a relative of a relative one time. They couldn't grasp the difference between hanging weight and the finished beef they received. We had gone 4 ways on a beef, so they had they other 3 of us checking all the packages and actually insisted on us all WEIGHING our beef to make sure we didn't get some of theirs stamped as ours. The next year, somehow I forgot to call them......

Just heard from him again. :roll: :mad:
This price isn't adding up to him.
Complaining that it is $150 more, well the price of processing went up and the kill fee has the mileage added in to.

Last year when he complained I was nice and offered to give him some of our meat, but he said no he was fine.
Now here he is complaining about the price.

I'm ready to just take the beef home and sell it to someone else.
Our butcher loves our beef, he moght like to have it.

ILH

For over 20 years I was an insurance agent and fortunately the vast majority of my clients were great, but about 5 or 6 different times over the years I managed to get some that were never pleased. When it got to the point I'd had enough of their complaining and nit-picking, I very politely told them " I think you would be a whole lot happier and better served if you let someone else handle your insurance". Only 1 of them took their business down the road and we were both better off. All of the others decided that things were OK and became good customers after that.

Life's too short to put up with people like that. If he were my customer, I would tell him someone else wants the meat and I will refund your money. I'll bet he gets happy, but if not, you're better off without him.

Unfortunately there are a few folks out there who will give you all the grief you will accept, but most will back down when you call their bluff. Regardless of the outcome, you will be in a better position than now.

Best wishes with this situation.

He hasn't paid for it.

Hubby is in town putting out the word we have beef for sale.
Told this guy that that was the price and I had other interested parties who would buy it.

Not heard back from. Good riddance.

I'd suggest selling it on the hoof then arranging for him to work the rest out with the butcher. That's what I do and it makes things simple. I do sometimes get a call wondering why they didn't get 50 ribeyes.
thinking-023.GIF

I luv herfrds":3tz5b31q said:
He hasn't paid for it.

Hubby is in town putting out the word we have beef for sale.
Told this guy that that was the price and I had other interested parties who would buy it.

Not heard back from. Good riddance.

Good move! I'll bet you're already relieved from his stress.

Sorry you had to endure his nit-picking, but you did the right thing.

I've had the same things happen selling stone, hay etc.

Had a "friend" from way back in HS wanting 3 tons or so of patio stone. I selectively pulled out the best pieces and set them aside. It took extra time. When she showed up I told her how much it would cost her (I sold wholesale mind you). A client had seen the stone the day before and wanted it. When she started in with the price dickering I called that client and told him to come on out and get that stone he had seen the day before. This "friend" went to the local retail center and started calling me back wanting store again. Told her I had a hundred tons right there at the store to just get it there. It was almost triple the price I had quoted her.

I luv herfrds":2tvlfweb said:
Heard from him again.
He's calling me a liar.

You would think you could trust a Youth Pastor.

Why are you still talking to him about this deal. Do what Boogie did and suggest to him that he buy retail. He will either shut up and pay up or do just that. Either way you win.
The key is to stop arguing with this guy. You could also tell him that in the future you would like to negociate your contribution to the Church based on how much value you feel you receive from EACH sermon.

I luv herfrds":1i5vzpsm said:
Heard from him again.
He's calling me a liar.

I wouldn't sell to anyone who tried to drag my name in the dirt, youth pastor or no. He's just out of touch with reality. Let him go to the grocery store to get his beef with all the other "honest" people.

Went in to pick up our beef this morning. Told the butcher that this guy was not going to get it.
Turns out the guy called the butcher last night to find out the "real" weight, as he put it.

Like to see him try to sneak in and try to pick it up.
Sold the beef to a friend while loading our beef. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Friend was picking it up at noon today.

Problem solved. :banana:

Some people are just this way. Just got to be firm with them, tell him the way it is, and thats that.

GMN

Lammie":27kohxze said:
I luv herfrds":27kohxze said:
Heard from him again.
He's calling me a liar.

I wouldn't sell to anyone who tried to drag my name in the dirt, youth pastor or no. He's just out of touch with reality. Let him go to the grocery store to get his beef with all the other "honest" people.

There's the problem in a nutshell. There's gonna be a lot less preachers, priests and pastors in heaven than some people think. If you work with the public long enough you'll see that what I am saying is true and its a crying shame.

Contacted a friend who works for a large ranch south of here. Told him what happened. He wanted the guys name.
Needless to say word is going out in the private sales about this guy. Don't think he is going to be finding any sellers anytime soon.

I know what you are saying Jo. :nod:

so funny that the beef sold so fast. Found out the butcher was going to buy it if we didn't find anybody.

Latest posts