Butcher prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMichal":8c8qxrc8 said:
I have never had a different name. I have been monitoring this board for over 3 yrs. I don't say much to often. But I am sick and tired of listening to all the whining about Feed, Fuel, and Fertilizer. And then have you tell me you are selling your prduct at the value of an index in which 40% of the meat is grade select.

Time we all wake up.
Show me exactly where I ever said my cattle were 40% selects.

somn":28i2m0wb said:
JMichal":28i2m0wb said:
Well the Index you are using to price your product. 40% of that is select. If only 10 % of yours is select than you have 30 % more choice than the index you are using. You are under selling your product. They are paying 1.50 on the average. They may pay you 1.75 for your product.
:help: :help: :help:
WILL YOU SELL MY FAMILY SOME BEEF?
I am selling choice and I am charging for choice nowhere did I ever say I was selling anything but choice. People may get a prime if so lucky them they paid choice. Nowhere did I ever say the word select until you pulled it out of thin air and started flopping at the mouth about.

No more econ classes. I give up.

JMichal":1wqcw5h7 said:
somn":1wqcw5h7 said:
JMichal":1wqcw5h7 said:
Well the Index you are using to price your product. 40% of that is select. If only 10 % of yours is select than you have 30 % more choice than the index you are using. You are under selling your product. They are paying 1.50 on the average. They may pay you 1.75 for your product.
:help: :help: :help:
I am selling choice and I am charging for choice nowhere did I ever say I was selling anything but choice. People may get a prime if so lucky them they paid choice. Nowhere did I ever say the word select until you pulled it out of thin air and started flopping at the mouth about.

No more econ classes. I give up.

Be a man show me where I ever said my cattle were selects.

somn":t9r13d5d said:
JMichal":t9r13d5d said:
I have never had a different name. I have been monitoring this board for over 3 yrs. I don't say much to often. But I am sick and tired of listening to all the whining about Feed, Fuel, and Fertilizer. And then have you tell me you are selling your prduct at the value of an index in which 40% of the meat is grade select.

Time we all wake up.

The index you are using to price your beef. Tell me, where do yuo get your price?

Okay, 40% of that is select. So you are selling your beef for the same price. I would expect 40% of your beef to be select. If none of it is then why are you charging the same price as an average that is based upon 40% select.

WILL YOU SELL MY FAMILY IN MN SOME BEEF?

somn":1u1jk5gd said:

When did I ever claim to be a man? :lol2: :lol2: :shock:

JMichal":2w37oovb said:
somn":2w37oovb said:
JMichal":2w37oovb said:

Time we all wake up.

The index you are using to price your beef. Tell me, where do yuo get your price?

Okay, 40% of that is select. So you are selling your beef for the same price. I would expect 40% of your beef to be select. If none of it is then why are you charging the same price as an average that is based upon 40% select.

I set the price by the daily choice cutout value. I sell choice so I charge choice. That seems simple enough you can't understand that but I'm sorry you will need to find a teacher. I never said any of my cattle were select please show me where I stated that.

JMichal":3qili5or said:
somn":3qili5or said:

My mistake. That made things alot more clear for me however.

somn":5eioz6t0 said:
I set the price by the daily choice cutout value. I sell choice so I charge choice. That seems simple enough you can't understand that but I'm sorry you will need to find a teacher. I never said any of my cattle were select please show me where I stated that.

The daily choice cut out value is nearly the same as the daily select cut out value. It is an average of tons of beef. I think alot of it is inferior. Why price your product the same as an inferior product? Charge what you want.

please answer my question.

somn":2p6ow7ak said:
JMichal":2p6ow7ak said:
somn":2p6ow7ak said:

I never claimed to be a woman either. :clap: :clap: :cowboy:

JMichal":2wc0mvu3 said:
The daily choice cut out value is nearly the same as the daily select cut out value. It is an average of tons of beef. I think alot of it is inferior. Why price your product the same as an inferior product? Charge what you want.

please answer my question.
I charge choice because that is what I can guarantee. I can not guarantee it to be prime. I will not charge more to my friends and neighbors than I will the packing industry. If you want to take advantage of your friends and neighbors by all meens do it I don't care. I won't do it I have a conscience that won't let me.

The reason there is no price spread between choice and select is because the American consumer has no money to spend on choice beef. So they buy select then when you have an over abundance of choice the price goes down. Huh good old supply and demand.

I already answered your question I will gladly sell beef to your family it is obvious they can't afford to buy it from people like you who over price it.
;-)

JMichal":37idhslt said:
somn":37idhslt said:
JMichal":37idhslt said:

I never claimed to be a woman either. :clap: :clap: :cowboy:
Well then maybe just a real slow learner. But don't worry to much as long as you stop with the political lines you still have a chance. It is slight but it is still a chance. :D

somn":2ggmhxly said:
Well then maybe just a real slow learner. But don't worry to much as long as you stop with the political lines you still have a chance. It is slight but it is still a chance. :D

Well at least I am not a condescending A$$. But don't worry maybe you still have a chance. If you are married, I now realize why you are so frustrated. You are not a happy person. Good night, and remember no more complaining about inflation.

JMichal":13997gzk said:
Well at least I am not a condescending A$$. But don't worry maybe you still have a chance. If you are married, I now realize why you are so frustrated. You are not a happy person. Good night, and remember no more complaining about inflation.
When you get a chance read your pm's and also show me where I complain about inflation or any rising costs.

somn":16j4naa2 said:
JMichal":16j4naa2 said:
When you get a chance read your pm's and also show me where I complain about inflation or any rising costs.

Okay! So your happy with the economic state of the union Mr. President. :banana: :banana: :banana:

"This is another fin mess you've gotten us into" :help:

how 'bout instead of yall bickering about what percent is prime, select or choice, yall try to get back to the original question. I too am interested in various producer's prices and what they base it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts