Business plan

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Seems like sometime in the past someone had a business plan that they would e-mail on request. Have a friend that's gonna start a goat farm and is having a tough time writting his business plan, any help would be appreciated.

dun

Dun, years ago, when I was a kid, the only business plan around home for a goat was pay 1-2 dollars for the goat and put it out to eat and kill brush and it would disappear when the coyotes got it. Now those goats cost more than cattle per pound alot of times. What a change over the years, a goat farm can be very good business. Sorry I cant help you with a business plan

IMO there is no set format, wording for a business plan. Lending agencies often have their own format. A plan to CYA in case of an IRS audit should address a "for profit" operation as opposed to a hobby or tax write-off thing. The SBA and FSA systems probably have their own requirements.

Basically, IMO, a lending agency wants to know What you are going to do, How much $$ do you plan to make, How much do you want to borrow, and HOW you plan to pay the money back.

Borrowing from News Reporting, consider:

Who
What
Why
How
When
Where

Also, some type of sales projection which could (with lot of luck) result in a profit from one's operation.

Don't know if any of the above helps anyone or not. ;-)

Arnold Ziffle":38qqpyh3 said:
dun, you might be thinking about the excel spreadsheets that, if my memory serves me, were developed by D. R. Cattle. Might want to ask him.

Bingo. I thought it was but the memory thing isn;t was it once was, if I remember correctly anyway.

dun

Latest posts