Bushog nuts

Help Support CattleToday:

TSR

Reaction score
Anyone here perfected a way to keep the cutter assembly nuts from loosening? This is a 20ft rhino and the two outer spinner assembly nuts are always coming loose.

Over tighten them with an impact wrench and use a real thick split lock washer.

Had some once that even locknuts wouldn't work on. So I got a friend to spot weld them. Makes it a pita if you ever have to get them off but it worked. I'd try the locknuts first though.

TSR":1jpdts5g said:
Anyone here perfected a way to keep the cutter assembly nuts from loosening? This is a 20ft rhino and the two outer spinner assembly nuts are always coming loose.
Are you talking about the complete blade holder with stump grinder. I have a Rhino and the nut is a castle nut and you have to use cotter pins to hold it on.

Yes I'm talking about the stump jumpers with the blades. I just got through trying the lock nuts with the plastic inserts tightened all my half inch impact would do and they still came loose and begin to flop. I had replaced the castle nuts with the plastic insert lock nuts. May try the castle nuts one more time with the lock washers as Dun had suggested. Just thought someone might have found a something better.

TSR":3c78rlqv said:
Yes I'm talking about the stump jumpers with the blades. I just got through trying the lock nuts with the plastic inserts tightened all my half inch impact would do and they still came loose and begin to flop. I had replaced the castle nuts with the plastic insert lock nuts. May try the castle nuts one more time with the lock washers as Dun had suggested. Just thought someone might have found a something better.

I think that there is a large cotter key that holds the nut in place look really close and see if the shaft has a hole in it. It is a pretty tight squeeze getting the cotter key is. The key is probable at least a 1/4 in diameter.

hurleyjd":z29n830z said:
TSR":z29n830z said:

I think that there is a large cotter key that holds the nut in place look really close and see if the shaft has a hole in it. It is a pretty tight squeeze getting the cotter key is. The key is probable at least a 1/4 in diameter.

http://support.servis-rhino.com/RhinoMa ... 004-13.pdf
Look through this manual there is a cotter key 3/16 dia x 2 1/2.

Latest posts