Bundy Trial

Help Support CattleToday:

Amond still has to go to Nevada and stand trial. Apparently his attorney got pretty excited and was taken down and arrested in the courtroom. Details were sketchy because it was a Facebook live feed.

I don't understand our court system. They were guilty as charged. IMO I can see a reduced sentence or no sentence, but cannot see the not guilty verdict myself?

True Grit Farms":1ymv418z said:
I don't understand our court system. They were guilty as charged. IMO I can see a reduced sentence or no sentence, but cannot see the not guilty verdict myself?

They where found Not guilty by a jury.
They never really did anything but camp and protest on land owned by the people of the US. I for once applaud our court system. :clap: :clap: :clap:

callmefence":24ghwqj4 said:
True Grit Farms":24ghwqj4 said:

They never really did anything but camp and protest on land owned by the people of the US. I for once applaud our court system. :clap: :clap: :clap:

So you didn't see them carrying guns on a national wildlife refuge? The occupation of the building and the interference with government employees, I can see where maybe they weren't guilty of that, but not really.
In my heart I'm glad they got away with it, but I can't see how they were found not guilty. Our court system is a farce. IMO

True Grit Farms":1axbp1a2 said:
callmefence":1axbp1a2 said:
True Grit Farms":1axbp1a2 said:

So you didn't see them carrying guns on a national wildlife refuge? The occupation of the building and the interference with government employees, I can see where maybe they weren't guilty of that, but not really.
In my heart I'm glad they got away with it, but I can't see how they were found not guilty. Our court system is a farce. IMO

Vince I honestly can't see you having a problem with someone possessing arms.
They never told anyone the couldnt enter the refuge.
I agree our legal system is fubar. But this was decided by a jury.
They view the public lands that are being seized by blm and Corp of engineers in the same way you view the sea.

I think Ammon testified that government employees were free to come and go. Defendants never told them to stay out and the government never ask to be able to come in. Government couldn't meet that burden.

I was surprised in the not guilty verdict. Stranger things have happened in our judicial system though.

Is any of this making the national news?

If anyone missed it, one of the jurors was replaced a day or so ago, for stating at the beginning of deliberation that he was biased toward BLM..he had close ties to BLM in the past or worked for them. Jury sent a note to the judge asking if that fact would result in a mistrial or grounds for appeal and the judge chose to replace that juror with an alternate..
NBC, LA Times and NY Times are all reporting the story currently.

7 of the defendants chose not to be tried this time--their trial begins next Feb. They may be wishing they had thrown in with this trial instead.

(That sound we all hear, is Horrible Harry Reid gnashing his teeth)

As a legal citizen of the US of A, I feel we have a right to carry anywhere at anytime. But we also can't pick and choose which laws to inforce. I'm the first to admit that "just because it's the law doesn't mean it's right" So does this mean that a precedent has been set, and we can now legally carry guns anywhere we want? I'm very interested in knowing what methods or statutes of law Bundy used in getting off the gun charge? Because there's no denying that they had guns in a no gun zone. Hopefully the NBA will look into this because this could be a major victory for gun enthusiast.

Sounds like they were charged with conspiracy to prevent the federal employees from doing their job. Pretty hard to prove that I think. Sounds like the DA got a little overzealous. He probably could have got guilty verdicts on lesser charges but they were after blood and wanted to make a point and it backfired.

True Grit Farms":2naqw874 said:
As a legal citizen of the US of A, I feel we have a right to carry anywhere at anytime.

Not on private property. I don't want some yahoo I don't know showing up on my place armed. Public land, well....that's a legal question that I'm not qualified to answer.

True Grit Farms":1sokssqa said:
As a legal citizen of the US of A, I feel we have a right to carry anywhere at anytime. But we also can't pick and choose which laws to inforce. I'm the first to admit that "just because it's the law doesn't mean it's right" So does this mean that a precedent has been set, and we can now legally carry guns anywhere we want? I'm very interested in knowing what methods or statutes of law Bundy used in getting off the gun charge? Because there's no denying that they had guns in a no gun zone. Hopefully the NBA will look into this because this could be a major victory for gun enthusiast.

Has nothing to do with which laws are enforced or not--that's been going on for decades--precedent was set long ago. It's why our southern border is still so porous, and why so many people get away with speeding.

But in this country, like it or not, no one is breaking a law until the jury and judge says they are. Period. The constitution is quite clear on that aspect.