Bullet Train

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll admit, the only trains I've ever been on were either operated by Disney in Florida, or by Virgin in Europe.(Except for that one time I had a Virgin ticket and got on the other train. Thankfully they were friendly.) Once I figured out the train system in Europe, it was a breeze. Cheap, fast, and you can go anywhere you want. Safety standards are much higher there, even down to having 100% of the tracks fenced. I agree on letting private business decide if it's worth the investment, same as I think the gubment ought to stay out of farming. The families involved in the recent derailment are in my thoughts and prayers.

Just talked to the daughter. She lives about 35 miles from work. The train wreck was about in the middle. Left her work at 4:00 PM yesterday, got home at 2:00 in the morning. I saw live shots this evening of the clean up on the news and they are a ways to go getting it all cleaned up. I-5 south will be close for at least another day. That is a lot of traffic with no easy way around the area.

I think it would be good to promote train travel as other countries have but in private business only. It would be better it it was an elevated track though so it doesn't interfere with traffic

Latest posts