Bull Won Bronze Trophy

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Our #1 senior bull, TOTEM POLE, won another Bronze Trophy (his 11th one to date) for total horn length at the Texas Longhorn Breeders Association show in Ft Worth this week. His official measurement was 102 & 7/8". At this show, a Bronze Trophy is awarded to First Place winners in the class. We were very proud of him...again!!

P.S. Hope this publicity brings us some semen sales... :)

Running Arrow Bill":mm9b1usk said:
Our #1 senior bull, TOTEM POLE, won another Bronze Trophy (his 11th one to date) for total horn length at the Texas Longhorn Breeders Association show in Ft Worth this week. His official measurement was 102 & 7/8". At this show, a Bronze Trophy is awarded to First Place winners in the class. We were very proud of him...again!!

P.S. Hope this publicity brings us some semen sales... :)

I saw some of it on the Ft. Worth news this week Bill. They didn't show enough of it to really know who the owners were or anything like that but did show some good looking cattle.

Is this him?
totempole5.7.13b(1280x821).jpg

http://www.arrowheadcattlecompany.com/D ... le&sid=424

Them little things got you a prize? Lol.
I would want to tangle with those horns. He could scratch his butt around 3 Corners and do it accurately I'm sure

That's a real pretty bull. I went to your website, and started looking at all the different colored cows and asked myself, "Why am I raising cows that are just one color?"
I like the brindle bull and cow you have too. Lots of pretty cows and calves.
That Drag Iron bull doesn't look real.
Thanks for sharing the picture and your web site.

gizmom":syz4v866 said:
Holy cow those are some impressive horns! Beautiful animals love your web site some great photos. I would love to see a picture of your head gate!

Gizmom

Thanks!
We don't use a head gate. We use a set-up called a "Medina Hinge" which is basically two 10' gates hinged about 12" apart. I think we have a photo of the set-up somewhere on or website. You'd be surprised at how carefully and intelligently Longhorn cattle manage to thread their way through narrow places, including a trailer door. When you walk past them they will tilt their horns to avoid you. Also, they can scratch an area the size of a dime near the back end and know exactly the spot to scratch...LOL!

Bill

Congratulations on the trophy Bill and congratulations on an awesome website! I caught longhorn fever a few years ago and I love 'em. I can't get over how smart they are.

Having said that about scratching an itchy spot about the size of a dime, tell me about the people that ride these bulls like a horse. I have wondered when the steer or bull is going to put the horn where he wants it! Shish-ka-bob!

Latest posts