Bull selection

Help Support CattleToday:

scvfd_7241

Reaction score
Im preparing to AI for the first time and would like input on bull selection. I have 2 cows that I plan to AI and this will be their 2nd calf. The cows are half simmental from my bull and eggs other half of one it's a Hereford mix and one it's believed to be an Angus mix. I have looked at several bulls and like this one. Can I get feed back on him and/or other recommendations.

https://selectsiresbeef.com/bull/simangus/hpf-optimizer-a512/

People are going to need to know what you are trying to achieve to answer that. I'm confused about the eggs & your Bull breeding.

Ya like stated above what are u looking to do with the calves. To me the milk and marb are way to low for me to consider. Just my opinion tho

Sorry for the confusion, I will attempt to explain it better. I have 2 cows I plan to AI this year. Both cows are daughter's of my current herd bull which is PB simmental. One of the cows dam is a Hereford cross and one is believed to be angus cross. My goal in breeding is to have a terrible few calving that produces a marketable calf that grows well. We sell most calfs at weaving but may retain to sell as freezer beef.

Does this bull look any better.

https://selectsiresbeef.com/bull/simangus/tj-main-event-503b/

Ya far as his epd numbers look good enough. Are u breeding them yourself or having a breeder come in and do it? I deal mostly in Hereford and red Angus. simmental I normally skip over them in there proofs. If your having a breeder donut bounce ideas of bulls off him I do it all the time

I have had at least 20 Optimizer's, and love every one of them. They grow like crazy, have great docility, and become great cows. I have used him for several years and never been disappointed. He will put white on the face, his signature is just a big blob of white on the forehead. I will continue to use him without reservation.

Latest posts