Bull Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
What do you think of these bulls.
Photos were taken Oct 06, after breeding.

P1010064.jpg

P1010063.jpg

If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the one in front,(right side of pic), seems to have better legs under him and better confirmation overall.

mnm I like both bull but the one on the right would be my pick.Some fine looking country also great pic.s

rattler

I took these pics at a friends ranch in Montana. These bulls are 4 year old's running on large pastures. They are from Stevenson/ Basin Breeding. Not sure of their bloodlines there were 35 bulls in this pasture. It's always fun for me to check out these range cattle, they don't see many people but they seem as tame as can be. I also have some good Elk hunting. :D :D

While I was watching the bulls I noticed this guy running out across the pasture. Really have no idea of his breeding. :shock: ;-)

P1010066-1.jpg

Yeah it's about a 250 pound black bear, wish I could have got a better pic.

ALACOWMAN":3rsbizkf said:
CopeMan":3rsbizkf said:
So these bulls came from Stevenson Basin Ranch in Montana?
no wonder they look good

Yup, and it's not far from where these pics were taken. And you can get the same bloodlines most anywhere.

mnmtranching":z9lbd0r6 said:
ALACOWMAN":z9lbd0r6 said:
CopeMan":z9lbd0r6 said:
no wonder they look good

Yup, and it's not far from where these pics were taken. And you can get the same bloodlines most anywhere.

What were the other 35 bulls in the pasture? Did they also come form Stevenson Basin Ranch?

CopeMan":gnycrs1t said:
mnmtranching":gnycrs1t said:
ALACOWMAN":gnycrs1t said:
CopeMan":gnycrs1t said:
no wonder they look good

What were the other 35 bulls in the pasture? Did they also come form Stevenson Basin Ranch?

There were a few more 4 year old's in the pasture all from Stevenson Basin. And some Yearlings after their first breeding season and the rest 3 yr old's. Some of each from S/B and several other MT Angus breeders.

mnmtranching":2dlg4lxr said:
CopeMan":2dlg4lxr said:
mnmtranching":2dlg4lxr said:
ALACOWMAN":2dlg4lxr said:
CopeMan":2dlg4lxr said:
no wonder they look good

There were a few more 4 year old's in the pasture all from Stevenson Basin. And some Yearlings after their first breeding season and the rest 3 yr old's. Some of each from S/B and several other MT Angus breeders.

Bulls were all BA. His 700 some cows are BA, Baldies, Charolais, and some Hereford.

mnmtranching":39fzlvpc said:
CopeMan":39fzlvpc said:
ALACOWMAN":39fzlvpc said:
CopeMan":39fzlvpc said:
no wonder they look good

Bulls were all BA. His 700 some cows are BA, Baldies, Charolais, and some Hereford.

Sounds like hes got a good thing going. What were some of the other MT Breeders he got bulls from? Vermilion Ranch, Sitz, Leachman Cattle?

He has Sitz Traveler bulls for his heifers. Hyline Angus, Milk River Angus. Going to Bull Sales is a big deal to these guys. And many of the small sales have the same blood lines as the big guys. I think they have their bloodlines figured out so to keep new blood coming in. This year their yearling bulls are Charolais. Can't wait to get a look. The bulls they sold after the breeding season were Charolais.

mnmtranching":21bu75bm said:
He has Sitz Traveler bulls for his heifers. Hyline Angus, Milk River Angus. Going to Bull Sales is a big deal to these guys. And many of the small sales have the same blood lines as the big guys. I think they have their bloodlines figured out so to keep new blood coming in. This year their yearling bulls are Charolais. Can't wait to get a look. The bulls they sold after the breeding season were Charolais.

Did you get my private message?

CopeMan":3229m8bz said:
mnmtranching":3229m8bz said:

Did you get my private message?

Yup got it. I forgot to metion I've seen some of the S/B cow herd by Hobson. Real Nice!

Latest posts