Bull pic

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
riomaturefinal.jpg

Picture of my main herdsire. 3 1/2 years old here. Gentle as a lamb. Pallethead?

[/img]

thats 1 nice bull thats for sure. what type of cows is he running on . from the looks of his head i can see why you havent pulled calves yet. nice head on him. scott

bigbull338":6vepd97p said:
thats 1 nice bull thats for sure. what type of cows is he running on . from the looks of his head i can see why you havent pulled calves yet. nice head on him. scott

Chars, A.I'd some red angus with no problems in the calving dept. except for a breech.

like i said he has breeding behind him. i be char calves are pure white. should get some nice cream calves from the red angus. dont you just love bulls you dont have to pull calves on . scott

farmer rich":4rtc0sxk said:
Hi Mike, nice bull. Ever put a lim bull on those chars?

No I haven't. Only reason I breed bulls to other breeds is for carcass data. Have you done it?

Caustic Burno":3rtxpa3c said:
I will give him a thumbs up for a pallethead.

Thanks Hoss. I will take that as your ultimate compliment. ;-)

bigbull338":ojmi00cl said:
like i said he has breeding behind him. i be char calves are pure white. should get some nice cream calves from the red angus. dont you just love bulls you dont have to pull calves on . scott

I really did NOT want to send those "Cream" calves off to the feedyard Scott. But when I got the check it made me feel differently. ;-)
We hardly ever pull calves, and it sure is nice.

i know thats right. you was wanting to put those cream heifers back into the cowherd. but like you say when your getting a good price its hard to keep them. scott

Mike I had a lighing bolt of an idea, get your trailer head for Texas. See you go buy that BW/Herf cross bull calf off of Camp put him on some of those cream colored heifers. Next calving season look like someone has been shootin spray paint cans in your pasture with a 22. We can work on the marketing possibilities over the next 9 months.

Sorry Mike just a warped sense of humor.

Caustic Burno":1azupcsm said:
Mike I had a lighing bolt of an idea, get your trailer head for Texas. See you go buy that BW/Herf cross bull calf off of Camp put him on some of those cream colored heifers. Next calving season look like someone has been shootin spray paint cans in your pasture with a 22. We can work on the marketing possibilities over the next 9 months.

Sorry Mike just a warped sense of humor.

Not bad! We could go into the "exotic cowhide" business. First thing you know, Mercedes will be using them on car seats.
But I can't get away now, bring him to me in a couple of years.

burno your right those calves would be super spotted calves. look like holsteins. scott

MikeC":3bg0ixzc said:
farmer rich":3bg0ixzc said:
Hi Mike, nice bull. Ever put a lim bull on those chars?

No I haven't. Only reason I breed bulls to other breeds is for carcass data. Have you done it?

I havnt tried this cross myself as I only breed my lims straight, but some of the stockers we buy are bred this way and they are great feeder cattle. High dlwg and exeptional kill out %.

Is that not Rio Blanco!! We bought a high selling son of his this spring from HTA in MB

BWA":2vvvanki said:
Is that not Rio Blanco!! We bought a high selling son of his this spring from HTA in MB

That would be him. Which calf did you buy? was it the 444 calf?
Mr. Airey had several. Or was it the bull he calls Revolution?