Bull dragging hindquarters

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man

Reaction score
I have a 6 yr old Angus bull that is dragging his hindquarters. Yesterday afternoon he was fine, but this evening he is dragging his hindquarters with his hoofs pointed back. Has anyone had a bull do this? I am pretty sure the outcome is not going to be good, but I am going to try to get him in the trailer and to the vet tomorrow if he is still alive. The only thing that I could think of that would affect him this quick is maybe he slid off of a bank and bruised or broke something, it is slicker than snot with all the rain we have had. I fell twice just getting to him. I felt him over good when I gave him a shot of LA 200 but could not feel anything obvious broken. I am hoping that he is up walking tomorrow, but I got my doubts. Thanks for any help.

hillbilly beef man":3jf6te5r said:
It was a spinal injury, the funeral will be at 5:30 if the backhoe can waller out enough mud.

That is a crappy deal sorry .

Careful on that ice, hubby shattered his ankle last year on some ice and was out of commission for over 3 months and it still is not that great. Cousin is sitting in ER with her son, he slipped on ice and shattered his jaw ; they are wiring it together right now .

Latest posts