My first attempt at adding picture i hope this works

Here is a two year old we raised and our using
P6130075B.jpg

A view from behind
P6130067B.jpg

A late feb daughter
P5210039B.jpg

Jeff

Very nice bull. :clap: :clap: What is his breeding? I think he would cross well on some brangus cows. :nod: ;-) I like his thickness and depth. Well muscled and good bone. He is probably longer than he appears due to his depth. This is just my opinion, I'm not really qualified to give you an accurate evaluation. I would use him.

greenwillowhereford II":2ea9qdh7 said:
Masculine, very deep, and fairly thick. I'd be proud of him. Is he that fleshy on just grass? Pedigree, BW, WW, and YW please.

He is A M326 son out of a Govenor daughter he is scurred (heavily) 3/2/06 88lbs WW 631 YW
1098 4.7 frame. We used him on 10 head last year. What exicited me so far is he took our highest BW EPD cow and knocked off 27 lbs on the calf pictured she was 78 lbs. Last years calf was 105. Bred her back to see if we could do it again. We collectred him this spring 300 units off of one jump, his 44cm guns do deliver. Yesterday I could not get him to stand with his head up. All the yearling bulls coming off of breeding get a lite corn ration over the winter. He seems to do well on it. It will be interstinng to see how he looks in August. He is running with 32 cows this year. Has been on grass since May 3rd and off of ration in late March.

Jeff

I'd love to see a few more angles of him.

How does his BCS compare to other bulls that had the same treatment? I do think he is overconditioned for his age, but it may also be that he is just that easy doing and easy fleshing. If the latter is the case, and I see enough that suggests that, I think you are getting back to what made herefords popular in the past, and with current high input costs, also popular again in the future.

KNERSIE":1pthf84t said:
I'd love to see a few more angles of him.

How does his BCS compare to other bulls that had the same treatment? I do think he is overconditioned for his age, but it may also be that he is just that easy doing and easy fleshing. If the latter is the case, and I see enough that suggests that, I think you are getting back to what made herefords popular in the past, and with current high input costs, also popular again in the future.
Knersie

He actually has added since he went to grass. He is probably one BCS ahead of the rest of my bulls. We also may of gotten more cattle settled to AI in this pasture. 20 out of the 32 were AIed most of those to him.

I am trying to add some more pics but beginners luck may have run out:)

Those are not horns they are loose at the base just big scurs.

Jeff

A couple different angles
From behind
P6130063.jpg

If I had just been on the other side not his best pose of the day shows his length though
P6130062.jpg

Jeff

One of the best looking bulls, let alone Herefords, I've seen posted here. I have two M326 calves on the ground I keeping an eye on.... those pics make me even more excited.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":3iz6sn0c said:
One of the best looking bulls, let alone Herefords, I've seen posted here. I have two M326 calves on the ground I keeping an eye on.... those pics make me even more excited.

Thanks,
Alan
there have been alot of good hereford bull's posted lately. and he's another one ;-)

thats 1 heck of a bull.nice level topline.got plenty spring of ribb.an got a butt on him that just wont quit.

Will herefords wean higher than an Angus calf. I know a very broad question but they always seem to be so much bigger than Angus calves. Like I said on an earlier post you do not see many Herefords here in Fl. for some reason. :dunce:

Central Fl Cracker":164iz0w5 said:
Will herefords wean higher than an Angus calf. I know a very broad question but they always seem to be so much bigger than Angus calves. Like I said on an earlier post you do not see many Herefords here in Fl. for some reason. :dunce:

I don't think the question should be how many pounds you can add by using a hereford bull, but rather how much $ you can save by using hereford influenced cows.

from what ive seen your herd is black cows.so i dont see how you can go wrong putting 2 good hereford bulls on your cows.an you should add some pounds to your weaning weights.

Central Fl Cracker":5l3iniqb said:
i think id be finding out why then.... could be rough too learn "why" the hard way. ive read why the adams ranch switched.

bandit80":lbog7k1g said:
Good looking bull.

P.S. Some Crossbow will take care of those little hedge trees. ;-)

I like the trifecta of Tordon 2 4 D and Remedy splashed with a wetting surfactant, Just need the wind to blow less on days when it is dry enough to spray :D

Jeff

Latest posts