Bulk feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30

Reaction score
Have some first calf heifers just got me a bulk feeder 3 tons what rations as well as limiters do use in your rations. I've have people say they add salt curious on what ration to get im in Winnsboro Tx should I contact my local coop. Heifers don't look bad but just like to have them gain a lil weight back faster

Call Feeders Supply in Sulphur Springs. They'll custom mix or recommend a good ration. Is your feeder a pull type or stationary?

Our local feed mill has a 1-2 salt feed and 1-3 salt feed. Its pricey for decent at best results. It's 10-12% protein. Depending on how hungry and which mix your looking at 3-6# per head per day. If they have decent grass they may not go for salt feed.

If you can hand feed them and they are on grass cottonseed cubes or wcs will bring them around faster IMO. Plus, they will like both a lot more so you can do a little training at the same time.

Brute 23 said:
Our local feed mill has a 1-2 salt feed and 1-3 salt feed. Its pricey for decent at best results. It's 10-12% protein. Depending on how hungry and which mix your looking at 3-6# per head per day. If they have decent grass they may not go for salt feed.

If you can hand feed them and they are on grass cottonseed cubes or wcs will bring them around faster IMO. Plus, they will like both a lot more so you can do a little training at the same time.

I'm gonna look into that and see if anyone near by has it.

Bfields30 said:
Brute 23 said:

Bfields the most common name for those salt limiter feeds is "Range Meal" or sometimes "Pasture Supplement". See if you can get them to make you a ton with 1000 lbs. of corn, 500 lbs. of cottonseed meal and 500 lbs. of salt. That will be about 14% protein with a bit moire energy.

TexasBred said:
Bfields30 said:
Brute 23 said:

Bfields the most common name for those salt limiter feeds is "Range Meal" or sometimes "Pasture Supplement". See if you can get them to make you a ton with 1000 lbs. of corn, 500 lbs. of cottonseed meal and 500 lbs. of salt. That will be about 14% protein with a bit moire energy.

Can any feed store make this.

Bfields30 said:
TexasBred said:
Bfields30 said:

No but Lone Star sells it in a bag ration.
My local store has a feed mill and can mix anything. Most people here buy in 1 ton super sacks.

TexasBred said:
Bfields30 said:
Brute 23 said:

I had someone tell me cottonseed makes bull infertile how true is this...

Bfields30 said:
TexasBred said:
Bfields30 said:

Most feed stores are not set up for mixing feeds but their feed supplier might make it to for them especially if it turns into something they might order regularly. There use to be a big coop in Greenville and Sulphur Springs I believe. Betcha they can do it.

Latest posts