bulk feed

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Performance Feed company has a distributor near me that sells the 15% pellets for 285.00 and with bovatech 295.00 do you all think thats a good price? Way cheaper than Jumpstart.

skyhightree1":btyvquur said:
Performance Feed company has a distributor near me that sells the 15% pellets for 285.00 and with bovatech 295.00 do you all think thats a good price? Way cheaper than Jumpstart.

Its cheaper, but I "think" I'm at $185 for ddg, and $220 on a %14 pellet

Bigfoot":36iowoth said:
skyhightree1":36iowoth said:

Its cheaper, but I "think" I'm at $185 for ddg, and $220 on a %14 pellet

Now for ddg I am right there with you from the ethanol plant here.. The pellets I expect to pay more here since im in crop country and not many cattle farmers.

skyhightree1":2cvxi6we said:
That's bulk delivered to your place??

TexasBred":39gu5ccs said:
skyhightree1":39gu5ccs said:
That's bulk delivered to your place??

h... no I gotta pick it up 40 mins away

kenny thomas":39gu5ccs said:
I give $200 for 16% delivered to my bin. 3 ton minimum. Its corn gluten, soy hull pellets, and cracked corn mixture.

Geez wish I was near you.

Buy a grinder, and two 20 ton bins, start making your own feed. Be money a head in a couple years compared to feed that price.

kenny thomas":3evx7tt3 said:
I give $200 for 16% delivered to my bin. 3 ton minimum. Its corn gluten, soy hull pellets, and cracked corn mixture.
You guys are getting some great pricing over there. I can't buy any of those ingredients for $200.

I feed a mix that's 1/3rd ddg, 1/3rd cracked corn, 1/3rd pellets, comes out to 17% protien and over 4% fat. Cost me about 210$ a ton.

Found this on craigslist

LIVESTOCK FEED - $150 (Buckingham, Va)

All Grain Livestock feed. 26% to 28% protein. A mixture of Soybean meal. whole Soybeans, whole Corn, whole Wheat, Oats and Barley. Great for feeding Cows, Calves, Hogs, Feeder Pigs, Goats, Sheep, Chicken and most other livestock. $150.00 ton or $30.00 bucket or $25.00 for 55 gal barrel. Picked up in bulk(lose) in Buckingham, Va. For more information please call Ron Denton at show contact info please no emails or texts.

APRIL SPECIALS:
pick up 5 or more tons $135.00 a ton or $27.00 a bucket.
pick up 10 or more tons $125.00 a ton or $25.00 a bucket

skyhightree1":npd6hgkr said:
Found this on craigslist

All Grain Livestock feed. 26% to 28% protein. A mixture of Soybean meal. whole Soybeans, whole Corn, whole Wheat, Oats and Barley. Great for feeding Cows, Calves, Hogs, Feeder Pigs, Goats, Sheep, Chicken and most other livestock. $150.00 ton or $30.00 bucket or $25.00 for 55 gal barrel. Picked up in bulk(lose) in Buckingham, Va. For more information please call Ron Denton at show contact info please no emails or texts.

APRIL SPECIALS:

No way in he!!. This guy ain't telling you the whole story on this product.But if it's not far away might be worth looking at just so you can find out "HOW" he can do it.

TexasBred":87mszr62 said:
skyhightree1":87mszr62 said:
Found this on craigslist

APRIL SPECIALS:

No way in he!!. This guy ain't telling you the whole story on this product.But if it's not far away might be worth looking at just so you can find out "HOW" he can do it.

:lol2: I would love to see if he has certified test analysis

Sky, go by and ask him if you can take a sample. You, not him, take the sample of some he already has mixed. Drop it off at your extension office and within a couple days they can tell you how good it is.

TexasBred":17rok97j said:
kenny thomas":17rok97j said:
You guys are getting some great pricing over there. I can't buy any of those ingredients for $200.
TB, gluten here is $105. Thats 25 ton loads.

kenny thomas":2advgsbj said:
Sky, go by and ask him if you can take a sample. You, not him, take the sample of some he already has mixed. Drop it off at your extension office and within a couple days they can tell you how good it is.

good point

kenny thomas":yf8lkewj said:
TexasBred":yf8lkewj said:
kenny thomas":yf8lkewj said:
TB, gluten here is $105. Thats 25 ton loads.
Wow....that's a steal. Hasn't been that cheap in ages. Should make for another "good year" in the cattle business.

Latest posts