Bug Zappers

Help Support CattleToday:

faster horses

Reaction score
We have an influx of miller moths and the bug zappers we have aren't doing much. Does anyone know of a bug zapper that will get millers? We have a Black Flag 5500 volt one and maybe it needs a new bulb. I will try that, but if you know of one that works well, please tell me the brand and voltage. TIA.

We have an influx of miller moths and the bug zappers we have aren't doing much. Does anyone know of a bug zapper that will get millers? We have a Black Flag 5500 volt one and maybe it needs a new bulb. I will try that, but if you know of one that works well, please tell me the brand and voltage. TIA.
Already? Maybe fall is coming early this year. I have seen lots of blackbirds in our fields last week.

Already? Maybe fall is coming early this year. I have seen lots of blackbirds in our fields last week.
We've had the dirty buggers for a good month now. Hopefully they'll be moving on. I read where they go to the mountains to lay their eggs when it warms up down here. Then in the fall they come back again. I hate 'em, but at least they aren't rattlesnakes. 😀

I don't know about Miller moths but the best bug zappers on the market are Flowtrons. If you can find an older one, (the ones with the rabbit wire around the outside) they have no electronic boards and will last forever. Just a primary hi voltage transformer and a smaller one for the bulb. (may or may not have 2 small wafer capacitors in there but they are only for IR suppression and if they fail, just wire around them.)
Our old Galaxie model (made by Flowtron) finally gave out last month when the hi voltage grid came apart after several decades. (rust never sleeps)

Look just like this one:
galaxie.jpg

I don't know about Miller moths but the best bug zappers on the market are Flowtrons. If you can find an older one, (the ones with the rabbit wire around the outside) they have no electronic boards and will last forever. Just a primary hi voltage transformer and a smaller one for the bulb. (may or may not have 2 small wafer capacitors in there but they are only for IR suppression and if they fail, just wire around them.)
Our old Galaxie model (made by Flowtron) finally gave out last month when the hi voltage grid came apart after several decades. (rust never sleeps)

Look just like this one:
View attachment 18468
Thanks. I'll check ebay, maybe I can find an older one.

Thanks. I'll check ebay, maybe I can find an older one.
Would this be what you mean? Says its from the 80's. Maybe that's too old.
Thanks.

Yours has just a screen, these all have plastic grates around them. Allows the millers to roost there without being shocked.

Latest posts