Buffalo

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Cooked my first buffalo loin this weekend. Couldn't much tell it from beef other than the price and the brighter color red. Has anyone else tried it?

We get it sometimes. Big buffalo farm about a mile from here. Burgers are good. Used some over the weekend in a stew. Not enough difference to pay the extra cost.

Jogeephus":w8fn5jwj said:
Cooked my first buffalo loin this weekend. Couldn't much tell it from beef other than the price and the brighter color red. Has anyone else tried it?

Musta been grain fed. ;-)

I have only tried grain fed , and it was OK it reminded me of lean dry beef. It is not bad as a burger.

I too will stick to my barley finished beef.. ;-)

hillsdown":114qejdk said:
I have only tried grain fed , and it was OK it reminded me of lean dry beef. It is not bad as a burger.

I too will stick to my barley finished beef.. ;-)

Even if recent posts on CT have shown that grass fed is six (6) times more healthy for you?? :lol2:

I guess I'm just old school.

When people from a country known for their delicious grass finished young beef come here and eat my beef and pig out and have to go hmm and yum every 2 seconds with there mouths full ,,,I know for sure what tastes better.. ;-)

You just have to run an extra mile a day and have a salad every once and a while .. :lol2:

When I eat beef, which to tell the truth, is only maybe twice a week I like my barley fed.

I'll defintely stick to grain fed too. Just can't beat it. Just wanted to try buffalo for the sake of trying it. I seared the loin pretty hard then grilled it indirectly so it was actually quite juicy and not dry.

hillsdown":1asidauc said:
I guess I'm just old school.

When people from a country known for their delicious grass finished young beef come here and eat my beef and pig out and have to go hmm and yum every 2 seconds with there mouths full ,,,I know for sure what tastes better.. ;-)

You just have to run an extra mile a day and have a salad every once and a while .. :lol2:

When I eat beef, which to tell the truth, is only maybe twice a week I like my barley fed.

:clap: :clap: YES :clap: :clap:

farmwriter":33euj649 said:
How'd your big shindig cookn go, Jo?

It went well. I got a lot of compliments and very little of the sides were eaten. Most just ate meat. I'll be leaving tomorrow for Florida for another cook and even had another guy ask me if I'd cook for him in October. I don't know if I'll do it. Things are getting busy and I gotta earn a living somewhere in between all this beer drinking and running up and down the highway.

I've had both grass fed and grain fed Buffalo. Young grain fed is by far the best. Still, I have to say, grain fed young beef is much better.

Jogeephus":22m48a76 said:
Things are getting busy and I gotta earn a living somewhere in between all this beer drinking and running up and down the highway.

Beer drinking and free food. Looks like you're earning a living quite well. :D

grannysoo":ozuuaozk said:
Jogeephus":ozuuaozk said:
Things are getting busy and I gotta earn a living somewhere in between all this beer drinking and running up and down the highway.

Beer drinking and free food. Looks like you're earning a living quite well. :D

He might be hootch farming instead of tree farming. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Latest posts