Buffalo Recipe's Needed

Help Support CattleToday:

mitch2

Reaction score
Local guy raises Buffalo, and during a recent storm lost about 24 head through a downed fence and did not notice the missing animals til a few days later and the calls started coming in from 10 to 15 miles away. Animals were being shot, and consequently meat was being sold at about 1/2 his normal selling price. Hubby offered to buy some.

Having burger, steaks, and roast processed. Anyone have good tips on preparing???

All are appreciated!

Thanks, Michele

Are you trying to find a way to get rid of the buffalo taste or just a way to prepare it? Check with Dun he likes his beef to taste like buffalo so I'm guessing he may have many different ways of preparing it.

:lol2: That was wicked. But knee slapping funny. Can't help you with the buffalo mitch, never cooked any. Or ate any either for that matter.

Well from how you have described why they are being slaughtered I would say the fact that they were very stressed and not finished they will be tough and gamey (sp)..

Grain finished buffalo is still quite lean so I would suggest slow cooking and a sh@t load of seasoning..

There are lots of web sites for just buffalo recipes..

Happy eating.. :)

I should add that I know a lot of people that pay wayyyyy to much just to eat buffalo :???: .

I've had a buffalo burger, maybe two. Personally, I would not give $ for it if beef was twice the price. I would as soon have game.
I would guess sauces and spices can make buffalo good eating. As part of a diet, buffalo will contribute considerable protein, decent iron, etc. Slow cooking?

Buffalo's dang good eatin.

Low and slow is the way to go.

If the gamy taste bothers you, soak in salt water for 12 hours.
Then cook the way you would beef.

Latest posts