buchering pics

Help Support CattleToday:

yeah?..i got so much I try to mow it or wipe it before it about a ft.. mowing works good for reoccurrence but ya gotta do it dog days b ut 3 times

That looks like some good eats for you there! I guess us ranching folks get to eat like kings... no one else can afford good beef anymore... You are going to be eating it right?

dieselbeef":2nftbkve said:
yeah?..i got so much I try to mow it or wipe it before it about a ft.. mowing works good for reoccurrence but ya gotta do it dog days b ut 3 times
Mow them when the stem turns purple and it will kill most of them

Nesikep":3srhzx1p said:
That looks like some good eats for you there! I guess us ranching folks get to eat like kings... no one else can afford good beef anymore... You are going to be eating it right?

every bit of it

dieselbeef":2by0cu5v said:
640 on the rail..not too bad..didnt think he was gonna be that big

WOW! Most pigs yield at least 70%, so that means your pig weighed around 900 pounds!!!! You can certainly raise them. Was he grass fed, or in confinement feeding? I ask because out here, most pigs are pushed on a commercial feed and hit 270 at about 6 months and are processed. The only time I have seen a pig that big processed was when we butchered a sow because she was too old or not breeding back, and we would just sausage her out.
Very nice, great to see things in different areas.
We have a pig we are raising, my son is, for the fair. He was born in January, is already about 220 (we need to weigh him), and will be processed after the fair on June 7th. I like the short projects, that way I do not have to worry about care over the summer.

Hook":1qvdcwrp said:
Umm, that was a beef fire sweep

Well then, that would make more sense! I can not see the pics, they are TINY on my computer!!!
But why is the title "butchering pigs".... I thought it was a Duroc!

:lol: :lol2: I guess I need to get some glasses!

Fire Sweep Ranch":1oa4xizg said:
Hook":1oa4xizg said:
Umm, that was a beef fire sweep

Well then, that would make more sense! I can not see the pics, they are TINY on my computer!!!
But why is the title "butchering pigs".... I thought it was a Duroc!

:lol: :lol2: I guess I need to get some glasses!
:lol:
Tell me about it. Lol

:lol2: :lol2:
I'm don't mean to laugh at your goof Fire Sweep, 'cause I do the same thing all the time, so I feel much better that someone else has the same problem.
But I'm now picturing the hams and chops from a 900+ lb hog :lol:

dieselbeef":1pktfm56 said:
i just thought it was aother umissedme joke..so i was gonna ignore it..

Nope, joke is on me this time! Guess I need to look beyond a title.... and get better glasses!!!! Thanks for the laugh Diesel!

butcher9.jpg

Diesel,
I saw pigs as well,,
I was like,, that's some super hog!!

I have one she"ll go at 300# soon.

Anyway Beef looks great Enjoy!

Bill

BILL CLAYLAND":3tdscmy2 said:
Diesel,
I saw pigs as well,,
I was like,, that's some super hog!!

I have one she"ll go at 300# soon.