Buc-ee's

Help Support CattleToday:

Seems there is a following that is collecting T-shirts from the different stores, kind of like Hard Rock Cafes from years ago. I believe one has to step foot into the store as they have no online way to get a t-shirt.
I didn't know this was a thing, and I'm not telling the missus. Her favorite T shirt is her Ft Worth Bucc-ee's one.

I didn't know about the bucc-ees t shirt thing, or even hard rock cafe collector deal, but I am pretty familiar with the HD dealership tshirt collection craze among some people.

Gonna start looking for 'em. We don't travel much any more. We did it while we were young.

We did the Harley thing for 15 years..... lots of shirts.

Well, I did it... I made a fast trip to south central TN to a friend's place... and stopped in the Buc-ee's in Sevierville TN that opened recently... Yep the brisket sandwich is good although a bit more pepper than I like... and the rest rooms are as CLEAN as everyone says they are... and one nice thing... the stalls are more roomy and each one has the "handrail" that most places only have in the "handicap" stall... very very nice.... Crazy place to go in and yes, you can spend a small king's ransom if you are not careful... no, I did not go crazy.... and gas was cheaper than the stations around and I am sure it is hurting some of the older more established stations... but for many I am sure once the "novelty" wears off, they will see increases in the local, in and out, gas stations.. This is the "jumping off " place for Dollywood, Pigeon Forge and the Smokeys... so it was crazy...
Yes I did get the little sticker... and a sandwich going, and coming home...

Wife and I went to the Sunbelt Ag Expo farm show in Moultrie, Ga this week. That trip took us by Buc-ee's in Warner Robins and we took advantage of the brisket sandwich on the trip down. And found that we needed to stop in on the trip back to take a break and get a snack. I have now been to all the Buc-ee's locations in Georgia and South Carolina.

They have their help wanted sign out. Probably too stressful to work in the store, but who could turn down $125,000/year plus benefits to manage a car wash?
helpwanted.jpg

Wife and I went to the Sunbelt Ag Expo farm show in Moultrie, Ga this week. That trip took us by Buc-ee's in Warner Robins and we took advantage of the brisket sandwich on the trip down. And found that we needed to stop in on the trip back to take a break and get a snack. I have now been to all the Buc-ee's locations in Georgia and South Carolina.

They have their help wanted sign out. Probably too stressful to work in the store, but who could turn down $125,000/year plus benefits to manage a car wash?
View attachment 36073
That is my favorite Buc-ees so far. I st I stop every trip going south and coming back north.
Calhoun GA is my least favorite. Loves truck stop at the same exit and on the same side of the interstate makes it a mess.
The one in Sevierville is the closest one to me and haven't been to it yet. I just dread the thought of that exit.

Simme, how was the expo?
It was my first trip there. It was a little overwhelming as far as size. I think the site is about 1600 acres including the demonstration crops and hayfields. The exhibit area is about 130 acres. About 10 barns/buildings with many inside exhibitors plus all the equipment and exhibits outside. About every major and minor farm equipment manufacturer has exhibits. Lots of cattle handling equipment, cattle demo's, trailers, skid steers, fencing equipment, drones for spraying, chicken house equipment in addition to the crop and hay equipment. We arrived at the 8:30 opening and started walking. At 12:30 we stopped for lunch. I don't know how far we walked, but too many miles - for old folks on statin drugs at least.

One of our missing members Farm Fence Solutions had an exhibit with 2 of the Protech post drivers and other fencing materials and equipment.

John Deere probably had the largest exhibit. Brands you have heard of, but probably not seen much of like Fendt and the modern version of Deutz. Then brands you probably never knew existed like Pottinger hay equipment. Lots to see and do if a person has the endurance. Only $10 admission and free parking. Hotel costs during the event were very expensive. But a very nice and well organized event.

That is my favorite Buc-ees so far. I st I stop every trip going south and coming back north.
Calhoun GA is my least favorite. Loves truck stop at the same exit and on the same side of the interstate makes it a mess.
The one in Sevierville is the closest one to me and haven't been to it yet. I just dread the thought of that exit.
I went to the Buc-ees at Sevierville... about 1 pm on Tuesday and 6 pm on Wed eve. Traffic was not bad considering. Looks like they did some major revamping there and have 2 turn lanes to go up hill to the Buc-ees, no back up on the interstate or anything... of course that was not on a weekend or anything... Tues was crowded but not a problem, Wed eve was near time people were going home from work and not alot in the store at all...

I went to the Buc-ees at Sevierville... about 1 pm on Tuesday and 6 pm on Wed eve. Traffic was not bad considering. Looks like they did some major revamping there and have 2 turn lanes to go up hill to the Buc-ees, no back up on the interstate or anything... of course that was not on a weekend or anything... Tues was crowded but not a problem, Wed eve was near time people were going home from work and not alot in the store at all...
That exit has been a nightmare for years. This must have helped it.

It was my first trip there. It was a little overwhelming as far as size. I think the site is about 1600 acres including the demonstration crops and hayfields. The exhibit area is about 130 acres. About 10 barns/buildings with many inside exhibitors plus all the equipment and exhibits outside. About every major and minor farm equipment manufacturer has exhibits. Lots of cattle handling equipment, cattle demo's, trailers, skid steers, fencing equipment, drones for spraying, chicken house equipment in addition to the crop and hay equipment. We arrived at the 8:30 opening and started walking. At 12:30 we stopped for lunch. I don't know how far we walked, but too many miles - for old folks on statin drugs at least.

One of our missing members Farm Fence Solutions had an exhibit with 2 of the Protech post drivers and other fencing materials and equipment.

John Deere probably had the largest exhibit. Brands you have heard of, but probably not seen much of like Fendt and the modern version of Deutz. Then brands you probably never knew existed like Pottinger hay equipment. Lots to see and do if a person has the endurance. Only $10 admission and free parking. Hotel costs during the event were very expensive. But a very nice and well organized event.
I bet another x member was there if the Georgia Cattlemen association had a booth. High Grit. His wife is very involved in the Association.

Have you been to the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville Ky. I will start planning for it soon. Its in February. All indoors with around 350,000 people in 4 days. Several members meet there.

At least the food is cheap! :eek:

Latest posts