BTK killer...........

Help Support CattleToday:

So the daughter of a serial killer is allowed to profit from the notoriety of her psychopath father and his crimes.
Appears to be yellow journal sensationalism and whoever signed the contract for her to publish should be ashamed.

Son of Butch":3lry6ddh said:
So the daughter of a serial killer is allowed to profit from the notoriety of her psychopath father and his crimes.
Appears to be yellow journal sensationalism and whoever signed the contract for her to publish should be ashamed.

I may buy her book as she can't help what her father did, but has to live with it. I am sure it is not much fun being the daughter of the BTK killer.

I don't know that being the daughter of a serial killer qualifies her as being an author. She may have interesting
insight, but since she hasn't published any other work, if she really wanted to help others she'd have her story told
by a legitimate author. But of course that wouldn't fulfill her "What's In It For Me" desire inherited from her father.

Son of Butch":351jrlf7 said:
I don't know that being the daughter of a serial killer qualifies her as being an author. She may have interesting
insight, but since she hasn't published any other work, if she really wanted to help others she'd have her story told
by a legitimate author. But of course that wouldn't fulfill her "What's In It For Me" desire inherited from her father.

Butch.....have a heart, man. Her life was destroyed as well. There's a shunning that goes along with being a child of a serial killer. Friends, neighbors, etc really turn their back on you. If you research it, it's interesting to see the fallout that they face, through no fault of their own. They are a victim as well.

Also, I'm sure the book was done by a ghost writer. A real author, not some hack as you suggest.

I was still in grade school when BTK murdered the Otero family 5 miles north of the school. The father of a close friend was one of the investigators on the case & I literally grew up with the fear, the fact he was never apprehended. He resurfaced when I was out of college but once again was never found. I was living in TX when he started sending his final letters, baiting the Police Dept & the Press. I followed it closely and turns out even one of my customers at the Bank was fingerprinted. I suspect his family didn't actually know for sure but both his kids are pretty messed up, psychologically, and I truly don't see this book as an opportunity to cash in. I've read many books on BTK & may very well buy hers. I can't imagine what she went through.

I don't know, I just don't like her, she reminds me of her father. A smart untrustworthy, manipulative control freak.
By authoring the book she gets to take control of the story line and paint herself however she chooses to be seen.

I don't trust her. Very few have the ability to be completely honest when writing about themselves. Especially on
such an intense topic. I would prefer to read something by an objective 3rd party capable of filtering the B.S. and/or
include the parts she would rather leave out, instead of swallowing her account and observations hook, line and sinker.
Just my gut feeling about the whole thing.

Son of Butch":iosthrd4 said:
I don't know, I just don't like her, she reminds me of her father. A smart untrustworthy, manipulative control freak.
By authoring the book she gets to take control of the story line and paint herself however she chooses to be seen.

I don't trust her. Very few have the ability to be completely honest when writing about themselves. Especially on
such an intense topic. I would prefer to read something by an objective 3rd party capable of filtering the B.S. and/or
include the parts she would rather leave out, instead of swallowing her account and observations hook, line and sinker.

You are making me want the book even more. She does seem like a chip off the block. He is for sure screwed up and his crimes happened several years ago. It makes one wonder if he didn't kill even more as most don't quit once they start.

A fine bunch of so-called free market supporters you guys are..... :roll:
This is free enterprise/market economy at work. 'If you write it, they will read'
:hide:

bball said:
jltrent said:
BTK killer responds to daughter's tell-all book

I watched the whole video as he is a pretty creepy guy. Forensic files and crime shows on TV are my favorite. This guy was pretty ruthless in his killings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/btk-killer-responds-to-daughter%E2%80%99s-tell-all-book/ar-BBSm7ry?li=BBnbfcL

+1

I avoid them like the plague. They are abhorrent to me. I hate to see what humans are capable of.

Bright Raven said:
bball said:
jltrent said:
BTK killer responds to daughter's tell-all book

I watched the whole video as he is a pretty creepy guy. Forensic files and crime shows on TV are my favorite. This guy was pretty ruthless in his killings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/btk-killer-responds-to-daughter%E2%80%99s-tell-all-book/ar-BBSm7ry?li=BBnbfcL

+1

I avoid them like the plague. They are abhorrent to me. I hate to see what humans are capable of.

Get your azz back up to the technical threads at the top of the page! You do not need to scroll any lower than Trucks, Tractors, and Machinery for awhile! :lol:

OwnedByTheCow said:
I've been really into serial killer documentaries lately. Just finished the one on Ted Bundy on Netflix. Pretty amazing to see how much technology has changed.

The niece of some good friends of my parents was last seen walking out of a restaurant in Tacoma with someone named Ted. She stopped off on her way home from work to have a bite with some co-workers. Never seen again. When I was a very little kid a baby sitter disappeared a block or two from our house. Just vanished without a trace. Years later when Ted received notoriety it was discovered that he was a teenager living in the same neighborhood. When it comes to Ted Florida did good.

Dave said:
OwnedByTheCow said:
I've been really into serial killer documentaries lately. Just finished the one on Ted Bundy on Netflix. Pretty amazing to see how much technology has changed.

The niece of some good friends of my parents was last seen walking out of a restaurant in Tacoma with someone named Ted. She stopped off on her way home from work to have a bite with some co-workers. Never seen again. When I was a very little kid a baby sitter disappeared a block or two from our house. Just vanished without a trace. Years later when Ted received notoriety it was discovered that he was a teenager living in the same neighborhood. When it comes to Ted Florida did good.

He was quite the character from what I've seen. I would not be surprised if he killed more than they know about.

I've never been inclined to read much about Bundy, Dahmer or any of the rest. A couple of decades ago, I read a book about a guy named Albert Fish, serial killer and cannibal from the 20s and 30s and it was one of those books that was like driving by a bad wreck. You don't want to look, you know it's going to be bad, but just have to anyway. I'd read a bit, put it down out of disgust for a couple days, then just have to pick it back up.
I've never wanted to know much about them since reading that.

OwnedByTheCow said:
Dave said:
OwnedByTheCow said:

He was quite the character from what I've seen. I would not be surprised if he killed more than they know about.

I saw an interview his lawyer did. It was very interesting b/c his lawyer was duped into helping Ted escape. He said he "required" a special diet, and b/c the lawyer was obligated to by law, his lawyer got him this diet. What it allowed him to do was escape from the jail in Colorado, and set in motion his crime spree in Florida. He's a fascinating guy, just absolutely intriguing. Brilliant, charismatic, good looking, he was the ultimate dangerous weapon. The lawyer also mentioned that Ted told him that he killed upwards of 100 people, including a boy when Ted was about 13. No one will for sure know if this is true, but the murder of the young boy does work on the timeline. He's a sick dude, and Florida did well on that one even if it took them so long.

Son of Butch said:

There is no such thing as objective journalism. It is all tainted in some regard.

One of my friends was hitchhiking with one of his buddies, fellow picked them up, something seemed off so they had him pull over and get out (the two buddies were pretty built guys even in their late teens when this happened)... They saw the guys picture in the paper a couple years later, Clifford Olsen...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_Olson
Yeah, there's a book about him too

Another freak from around here.. Robert Pickton, more recent, more sick too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pickton
There are several books AND a movie about him

I don't care who writes the books.. I don't think anyone is preventing another book with a different view of the BTK killer.. there's always more than one side to the story.
Real question ought to be if it's really a good idea to write books and make movies of they arses.. but alas, freedom of the press, right?