BSE - Game On!

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Took the bulls in a month earlier this year, primarily because I was concerned about frostbite from the brutal winter and wanted time to replace if need be. Couple of our neighbors' bulls didn't pass & my vet said one of his clients has to buy 3 new bulls. Yikes!!!

My boys loaded/unloaded so easy! No sorting stick. And they made me proud at the vet; total gentlemen. Woohoo, all passed! Huge relief. Although, I think my shirt expressed Woody's sentiments exactly: DON'T EVEN. Yeah, well, he'll thank me later when I turn him out.IMG_20210405_155705 (2).jpg

Nice. How many did you check TC? We are checking ours the 20th. 9 in all. Some will be easy going, a couple will be a total pain. Some of our big old bulls just don't like seeing each other. Lol.

Took the bulls in a month earlier this year, primarily because I was concerned about frostbite from the brutal winter and wanted time to replace if need be. Couple of our neighbors' bulls didn't pass & my vet said one of his clients has to buy 3 new bulls. Yikes!!!

My boys loaded/unloaded so easy! No sorting stick. And they made me proud at the vet; total gentlemen. Woohoo, all passed! Huge relief. Although, I think my shirt expressed Woody's sentiments exactly: DON'T EVEN. Yeah, well, he'll thank me later when I turn him out.View attachment 3596
👍👍
Nice when things go right!

Nice. How many did you check TC? We are checking ours the 20th. 9 in all. Some will be easy going, a couple will be a total pain. Some of our big old bulls just don't like seeing each other. Lol.
We just have 3. My problem is Woody is getting old enough/big enough to challenge Johnson and they fight all the time so I had to make sure I penned them separately. And subsequently pairing Willy with Woody this year for the main herd, using Johnson on the heifers.

My vet loves working my bulls because they're so easy. Said he had a mini Zebu last week and he's just thankful nobody got hurt.

We just have 3. My problem is Woody is getting old enough/big enough to challenge Johnson and they fight all the time so I had to make sure I penned them separately. And subsequently pairing Willy with Woody this year for the main herd, using Johnson on the heifers.

My vet loves working my bulls because they're so easy. Said he had a mini Zebu last week and he's just thankful nobody got hurt.
A mini Zebu? Does your vet have a mini probe?
You have to kinda be light hearted testing bulls. The vet I used to work for nick named the probe "Big John". The ALL women vet clinic that I use to use called it the A$$ Rocket! Haha, anything to keep it interesting.

A mini Zebu? Does your vet have a mini probe?
You have to kinda be light hearted testing bulls. The vet I used to work for nick named the probe "Big John". The ALL women vet clinic that I use to use called it the A$$ Rocket! Haha, anything to keep it interesting.
I didn't ask how he managed to test the Zebu - he was still traumatized and compared him to a rabid Chihuahua. (those little dogs scare the bejesus outta me)

I think you have to be light hearted having bulls (giant idiots) in the first place! Precisely why all mine have somewhat salty names.