• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Brown Swiss For Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Already crated. Will load into the back of your pick-up.

$700 Plus 20 for crating.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Brangus bull on a brown Swiss cow, makes a nice cross actually.

OP
B

Bright Raven

Reaction score
JCcattle":px25rnny said:
She is beautiful! Brown Swiss is my first love... Wish we lived close by and i'd buy her!!!

Seriously, they are a beautiful breed.

Workinonit Farm

Reaction score
There used to be a man, about 30 minutes from me, who bred and raised some of the nicest looking brown Swiss I've ever seen. He'd lease them to a dairy just North of him and a few of the calves were shown in 4-H by his grand kids. Now he only has about 3 left.

They are pretty cows, and huge.

Lucky_P

Reaction score
Been breeding some of our high % Angus and AngusxShorthorn cows to Braunvieh sires the last year or two - I've wanted some Brown Swiss or Braunvieh cattle for 30 years, and finally got around to doing it.
Really nice calves. Did get some brindles out of red and red-carrier cows, and one or two that have that Braunvieh coloration, but most are gonna be black... though, as calves, it looks like it's a 'different' sort of black...will have to see how they shed off that baby haircoat.
Don't know that I'm gonna go higher than halfbloods... but if some of these Braunvieh-cross heifers pan out well, they might get AI'ed another round with some Braunvieh semen to make some 3/4s.

JCcattle

Reaction score
I'd love to get a few braunveih cows! They are few and far between in Canada it seems. My Brown Swiss milk cow makes awesome cross with our black Simangus bull.

JCcattle

Reaction score
My Brown Swiss has thrown a chocolate Brown heifer with some of the shading they get, the other calf is tan with black nose from the black Simangus bull. I think they are beautiful but would love to see a true Brown Swiss/Braunveih coloured calf... probably have to be purebred for that?

wacocowboy

Reaction score
I like the cows but the bulls are as mean as a fighting bull. They had a bunch of them in Honduras good milk.