Brood Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Coyote

Reaction score
aeb638c7.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. Whats your thousand words or so? Does the picture fit the headline? Is she a brood cow?

Very Very Nice Cow!

And its the right Color on top it :cboy: Im Pretty Sure its Red Angus What is that cow out of?

She needs a WIDE LOAD banner.

Seriously though, nice cow, and from the looks of the calf and its nose, she appears to be a good milker.

cfpinz

we could tell much easier with a profile/side view of her to see what the rest of her looks like but even taht said i didn't know they had shorthorns like that still around.

Certainly nothing negative in that picture. Assuming she has a good udder and breeds back quick, I'd like to have a pasture full of cows like that with a good Hereford or Angus bull.

That's the way Shorthorns used to look. Haven;t seen any like that in a good many years. When we sold out in 1981 we had some and figured we'ld be able to just replace them with others, wrong

dun

Assuming that is her calf. I would say she is pretty good, I would also say someone has been laying the groceries to the old gal, or creep feeding the calf.

Too bad there is a myth that if a cow is in good shape and the calf is too that it has to come from a feed pail. We are all trying to raise a cow that is easy doing and that does a good job raising calves.

SEC":6hgutroi said:
Too bad there is a myth that if a cow is in good shape and the calf is too that it has to come from a feed pail. We are all trying to raise a cow that is easy doing and that does a good job raising calves.

Very true. But by looking at the picture of that cow, I would think that the stocking rates could be bumped up in that pasture and not hurt a thing.

Latest posts