Broke ribs.

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
I just had to watch duck dynasty tonight. It was painful. Phil got me going. I pulled a pillow in to my sides and thought I was going to cry because it hurt so doggone bad to laugh.

I have been taking the grand kiddos roller skating about every weekend if they get good conduct marks in school. My 3 year old grandson took me out Friday night. Fell hard on my left side. My left elbow was under me on my lower ribs. 3rd time in my life to have ribs broken and it ain't no better this time. I am a candyazz.

I know that has to hurt, like every time you take a breath. I hope you heal quickly.

When my daughter was 10 I took her to the skating rink to teach her to skate. I hadn't been on skates in about 15 years. One of my brothers friends saw me and told my brother that I looked like Frankenstein on skates :lol2: .

Larry

Things that hurt the most
1. Plastic surgery
2.Shoulder surgery
3.Doctors rebreaking a wrist
4.Broken ribs
At least Backhoe, according to me you have 3 things worst to look forward to. Remember my ribs snapping everytime I took in a breath, was glad when that stopped. Good Luck gs

I have some that were busted badly years ago....now they will come undone at tthe least little thing....

trying to reach down in a hole to do plumbing is serious pain....like replacing a frost free hydrant....

seems every time I fall I have to land on that side....

backhoeboogie":2tk3t9x0 said:
I am a candyazz.

I understand. There use to be a time when I was about half tough but anymore I am a whimp.

The trouble with broke ribs is holding them still. Nearly everything you do will cause the ribs to move which reminds you that they are broke.

I was talking to a gal I know who gave up breaking horses for a living when she turned 50. We were comparing war wounds. I said that I had a bronc step on me and dislocate my elbow. She said she had the same thing happen. Then went on to say that she had three children and would much rather go through child birth than a dislocated elbow. So there you go a woman admitting that there is something that hurts more than child birth. Be glad that the ribs broke instead of the elbow you landed on dislocating. And from now on sit and watch the grandkids skate. It is safer.

The bad thing about broke bone's they hurt when it happen's, after it happen's and then they become friends with the Ritus brother's. Those boy's will remind you for the rest of your life. it is called stupid tax.

Never broke any ribs. Hope you heal up good BHB.
I did however have a piano fall on me. I have the pure joy of feeling every front that comes down

Dave":1eyh5744 said:
backhoeboogie":1eyh5744 said:
I am a candyazz.

I understand. There use to be a time when I was about half tough but anymore I am a whimp.

The trouble with broke ribs is holding them still. Nearly everything you do will cause the ribs to move which reminds you that they are broke.

I was talking to a gal I know who gave up breaking horses for a living when she turned 50. We were comparing war wounds. I said that I had a bronc step on me and dislocate my elbow. She said she had the same thing happen. Then went on to say that she had three children and would much rather go through child birth than a dislocated elbow. So there you go a woman admitting that there is something that hurts more than child birth. Be glad that the ribs broke instead of the elbow you landed on dislocating. And from now on sit and watch the grandkids skate. It is safer.
Try shattering a elbow into lots of little pieces, have two pins and some wire in it now. Worst pain ever, after that I have no pain tolerance now. Used all I had for a lifetime.

jedstivers":25dlkjmc said:
Dave":25dlkjmc said:
backhoeboogie":25dlkjmc said:
I am a candyazz.

Try shattering a elbow into lots of little pieces, have two pins and some wire in it now. Worst pain ever, after that I have no pain tolerance now. Used all I had for a lifetime.
Got a brother that fell on a dried up cow pie and shattered his elbow. Pins and all. The Arizona sun must dry them out bad. Or my uncle needed to add some protein to their diet

The most painful things in life never leave a mark. I've only got a hole where I used to have a heart.

That's a line out of a song, that I can no longer remember the name of. I always liked that verse.

Woke up this a.m. feeling zapped. Just got no juice. Called in to work and asked for a day. Not hurting quite as bad just really tired. it hurts to yawn. Didn't even take a bath before I laid down last night. Need to get my lazy self going, shave, shower, and scrub these teeth.

I have never put in the patches on this laptop to let me work from home. Maybe its time. I can answer questions over the phone but cannot do everything I'd like to do.

backhoeboogie":23iqeo1i said:
Woke up this a.m. feeling zapped. Just got no juice. Called in to work and asked for a day. Not hurting quite as bad just really tired. it hurts to yawn. Didn't even take a bath before I laid down last night. Need to get my lazy self going, shave, shower, and scrub these teeth.

I have never put in the patches on this laptop to let me work from home. Maybe its time. I can answer questions over the phone but cannot do everything I'd like to do.

Sorry buddy hope you get to feeling better soon.
Going to the doctor at 10 this morning myself rib's are so sore from coughing.
Think I am coming down with pneumonia again. If you every get it seem like it is easy to get again and again.

Pneumonia will kick anyone's tail. I've only had it once. If I get bronchitis symptoms I get to the doc asap.

backhoeboogie":1fcphakk said:
Pneumonia will kick anyone's tail. I've only had it once. If I get bronchitis symptoms I get to the doc asap.

Well I am grounded pneumonia again. Feel like I have been shot Doc pumped enough Rosefin(sp) in my ass to kill a cow. Feel's like I have been shot with a 22. Then I have to take 500mg of leviquin a day and go back in in a few day's.
If the Mrs. takes a nap or goes to town I will have to slip out then.

Sorry CB. I'd kick your tail in dominoes if I were there. Seems neither of us are much count for anything else right now.

RA doc makes me get a flu shot every year and a pneumonia shot every four or five years.....

maybe I just been lucky but it seems to work for me...

I just saw this. I'm sorry backhoeboogie. I've broken ribs twice and I can tell you that it is worse than childbirth. Hope that you can rest and take things easy. If you can't lay down comfortably, try propping enough pillows under your shoulders and on either side so you can sleep sort of sitting up.

cb, you take care of yourself too please.