Brisket

Help Support CattleToday:

LRAF

Reaction score
How do you prepare it? Any recipes? The best I ever made was injected then blackened on a super hot grill, wrapped in foil placed back on the grill once it had cooled some and cooked slow the rest of the evening. Delicious!

I put a rub on mine then slow smoke them at 225F till they reach an internal temp of 195 or so. The rub forms a bark and this helps to steam the meat inside. Its a long process but its the only way I've found to make them good consistently.

Salt and pepper. Generous rub down with Tones Cajun Spice. I shoot for 250 ant try not to let it get over 275. Takes 8 to 10 hours depending on the size of brisket. Call it cheating if you like, but about 4 hours in I wrap mine in foil. Them juices make some good dipping sauce. It is a long process but a pit that doesn't need much attention makes it easier.

1982vett":susrvo3u said:
Salt and pepper. Generous rub down with Tones Cajun Spice. I shoot for 250 ant try not to let it get over 275. Takes 8 to 10 hours depending on the size of brisket. Call it cheating if you like, but about 4 hours in I wrap mine in foil. Them juices make some good dipping sauce. It is a long process but a pit that doesn't need much attention makes it easier.

Sounds good Vett.

I like to seer mine in a really hot cast iron skillet, and then cook it low and slow. 220-225. I use an electric smoker now days. It's just so much easier, than wood. I don't like any rubs on a brisket, and I will normally do a beef look at the same time.

Jogeephus":1mlgg0gr said:
I put a rub on mine then slow smoke them at 225F till they reach an internal temp of 195 or so. The rub forms a bark and this helps to steam the meat inside. Its a long process but its the only way I've found to make them good consistently.

Same here. That's some good eating.

My other favorite way is corned beef.

I can eat the heck out of it either way.

talltimber":367ycnmh said:
Jogeephus":367ycnmh said:

Same here. That's some good eating.

My other favorite way is corned beef.

I can eat the heck out of it either way.
You can keep corned beef. I had so much of it overseas in the military we called it red death. I never want to see any again.

Bigfoot--which electric smoker do you use?

Marinate overnight in vinegrette with a few extra seasonings(have to get the huge ziplock type bags, 3 in a box). Smoke for 11-12 hrs at 225 with applewood = no leftovers.

Edit to add: fat side up of course.

Latest posts