Bringing the Cows Home - Video

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
[youtube]https://youtu.be/yRN5kJq3sB4[/youtube]

I'm no professional video camera operator but here is my first attempt at a video. I'm awfully shaky and need to remember to move the camera slower.

It was a two day trip, walked them roughly 2.5 miles the first day. They had feed rolled out waiting for them for the night. Then the next day walked them another 2 or so miles home. They could easily walk the whole distance in one day but sometimes the people on the quads get a little cold so it works out good to have the break in between. The weather was about perfect for walking cows. It was cold enough nothing got heated up but not so cold that it was unbearable. We had more help than usual which let me fool around with the camera more without worrying something might go wrong.

Thanks all! I definitely enjoy being able to fool around with the camera.

There was about 175 head in that group. 24 or so were commercial crossbred cows/bred heifers, the rest are purebred angus.

True Grit Farms":dpxdks0j said:
Those are some thick cows, when do you start calving?

They are due to start calving March 24.

Great video, and nice herd of cows. They seem like they've made trip a time or two.

Bigfoot":kl03z3qt said:
Great video, and nice herd of cows. They seem like they've made trip a time or two.

They've actually only been moved that specific route twice (this year & last year). The route we take them home depends on what pieces of land we are using as swath grazing in the fall & early winter. When we change the route or move them in a direction they aren't used to going they will stop & hesitate at times, but they are suckers for grain & all it takes is to drop a little on the ground and they are right back on track following the truck.

Thought I would add a few pictures that I took along with the video:
IMG_1627sm.jpg

IMG_1668sm.jpg

IMG_1705sm.jpg

IMG_1826sm.jpg

IMG_1907sm.jpg

IMG_1919sm.jpg

IMG_1945sm.jpg

Thanks again for the nice compliments.

Awesome video and great pics! Thanks so much for sharing. I wondered how you kept them following the truck but dropping a little feed makes alot of sense. My cattle got out of their pasture and into some soybean fields about a 1/2 mile away once. I took a feed bucket and the side by and side and walked them back home. I really enjoyed watching your cattle. They look like a great herd.

Latest posts