Brewery waste

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
Anybody know the ins and outs of buying this feed? I suppose with the cost of fuel that is a factor to move it but anybody know what a wheat based mix is worth today ? What is the upside compared to a known supplement or the downside? Thanks in advance.

You can call our Chico State beef unit. (We just toured with our field day.) It is all they feed their test steers. If you want the number I have it.

branguscowgirl":3634h47k said:
You can call our Chico State beef unit. (We just toured with our field day.) It is all they feed their test steers. If you want the number I have it.
I'm not concerned about the feed as much as I am about the cartage of the feed and the down side of feeding it. Thanks for your response and thanks for posting my pics yesterday

Kingfisher":1g690h7e said:
branguscowgirl":1g690h7e said:
I'm not concerned about the feed as much as I am about the cartage of the feed and the down side of feeding it. Thanks for your response and thanks for posting my pics yesterday
Your very welcome.
From what I understood from Chico, the only down side is the storage. It is very wet and molds quickly. Sorry, I do not know much more than that.

I think it's much more suitable for swine than bovine but I'm still interested in real experience like the fellow who posted last week that buys tons of it every week. I like pigs but don't have enough of em......:). Be good.

It was 100% of the steer program feed at the college. They fed nothing else but loose minerals with it. Not even hay.
They had great results. So it must be enough. Actually, they had said that for a long time, they did not even feed minerals.

Kingfisher":3l4gxaa3 said:
I think it's much more suitable for swine than bovine but I'm still interested in real experience like the fellow who posted last week that buys tons of it every week. I like pigs but don't have enough of em......:). Be good.
Kingfisher we fed it to dairy cattle for years, as much as 40 lbs. per day. Down side is not being able to buy small amounts at one time if you're a small operator and it's 65% water so you're paying for a lot of water. Most of the starches are removed during the brewing process and what is left is actually considered roughage so acidosis is not a problem. It really works best when used as one ingredient in a total mixed ration consisting of a number of ingredients. BTW you dn't have to worry about sulfur content. :lol2:

Latest posts