Breeding question

Help Support CattleToday:

DaveM

Reaction score
My new Hereford arrived and fit in nicely with my small herd. She's a nice cow, halter broke and very calm. I bought her bred and the seller had a vet draw blood to verify she is pregnant. I have a copy of the test results that shows The pregnancy test is positive. Test result was 2.813. I was told a number of 1 or greater results in a positive test.

My bull left her alone for the first few days they were together, but today I watched him try and mount her several times. She doesn't stand for him, but should I be concerned that she may not be bred? The guy I bought her from said she was most likely bred last December, so why would my bull be trying to mount her three months later? Most of you can probably tell this is new to me. Thanks!

They can certainly slip a calf after being confirmed bred. Maybe your bull got his radar crossed up for a moment. Keep watching to see if she stands, or how long this goes on.
Now I do have cows that will start riding when a new cow is introduced, but I don't think bulls exhibit that type of dominating behavior. Maybe if the bull was pretty young and immature. IDK

Latest posts