Breeding back cows with calves

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
I want to tighten up my calving season. I have one group of cows at one farm that started calving first part of in October and the last calf was born the day after Christmas. I have anther group of cow at another farm that started calving the end of January and they sould finish by the first of march. How long after they get done calving sould I wait to turn in the bull? I would like to be able to only use one bull at both places so I don't have to buy another bull. How long sould I leave the bull with the cows?? I will have the cows preg checked to see if they are breed and if not Iam going to sale the ones that aren't breeding back soon enough. So will this work with only one bull?? I would like to get all me calves born in the spring but would hate to hold off on breeding the one that calves in the in the fall that long. I could sell my fall calving cows but they are some of my better cows so I guess I will just stick to calving them in the fall for now.

trappersteve":1us2fa7w said:
Why not AI then you can pretty much pick the day you want them to calf

That would be a option. Don't really know much about how to go about doing that. Iam not always around the cows a lot to see when they are in heat. I check them everyday but not there very long at a time.

Latest posts