breeder's sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Spent a full day at a sale waiting for a couple of lots. When they went through, the first lot the auctioneer only took a bid from one guy. The other three lots he asked the guy if he wanted them at the same price and soild them without taking a bid. Last time I went to one of their sales.

What do you mean by "worst experience"? Do you mean a bad experience buying something?[/quote][/quote]
any experience..ie. bought cattle were not as advertised; or as dun said they did not handle his cattle sale well; cattle were not "special"...i've heard of one sale where one buyer bought all the cattle...
I'm just curious because i think a lot of cattle "special" sales are more culling events than opportunities to better ones herd...

xbred":ejk3makf said:
What do you mean by "worst experience"? Do you mean a bad experience buying something?
[/quote]
any experience..ie. bought cattle were not as advertised; or as dun said they did not handle his cattle sale well; cattle were not "special"...i've heard of one sale where one buyer bought all the cattle...
I'm just curious because i think a lot of cattle "special" sales are more culling events than opportunities to better ones herd...[/quote]

Bought a registered cow once that was advertised to be 5 months bred. The day after taking delivery on her she was in standing heat. Wife bred her and we called the folks that put the sale on. They said they would take the cow back or give me 4-5-6 (don't remember the number) of straws of semen to the bull she was suppose to have been bred to. We accepted the semen...In the end it worked out great for everybody.

went too the heart of dixie beefmaster sale..... and made a purchace :cry2:...............all i can say is don't buy a animal from someone thats got the long green and only been in business a couple years

Latest posts