Bred Heifers Down South

Help Support CattleToday:

I would agree that the Enhance heifer is the top and I would rank the Niagara heifers as 2nd and 3rd

Ken,
They will calve starting in October. Breedings from the top
Enhance bred to Sydgen Gavel (safe)
Process bred to Tehama Tahoe (safe)
First Niagara bred to Tehama Tahoe (safe)
Second Niagara bred to Sydgen Stealth (open) currently exposed to a Gavel x GAR Prophet son. (He serviced her first week of Feb)
Growth Fund bred to Sydgen Stealth (safe)
Fate bred to Growth fund (open) currently exposed to Gavel x GAR Prophet son. (no observed service date)

I dont know if this matters to any of you but we weighed them all (19 head) this weekend.
0857 Enhance 1203#
029 Process 1038#
007 Niagara 1058#
005 Niagara 1007#
006 Growth Fund 1157#
011 Fate 1088#

The rest ranged from 884# to 1082#

Extremely nice set from top to bottom. Great job. They look in great shape for breeding too. Hope our winter pasture starts to grow they always look better on some green pasture.

That Enhance heifer is #1 in my book
Close 2nd is Fate
Close 3rd is Growth Fund

I don't like that high tail set or short hip on some of the others but sometimes teenagers look goofy at that age and will mature out better.

Js, I'll try and get some photos of mine. Mine will start calving on the 1st July, I have an Enhance heifer that was well out in front of the others weight wise as well but unfortunately did not go in calf to 2 rounds of AI and several with the bull so she is off to town shortly to fulfill her 2nd destiny though the way female prices are here she will bring very good money for someone to give her another go.

I like to hear the Sydgen bulls you are breeding to so I can keep an eye out for them here.

Ken

jacob,
the cows have got the rye grass pasture eaten down pretty good right now.. heifers are gonna have to stay where they are at for the next month.

ken,
honestly i just fell in love with the enhance heifer at the sydgen sale. she was an et calf without a great recip but she sure caught up in the summer and fall before the sale. i think she is pretty unique with her ample rib depth and shape. enhance is far from my favorite sydgen bull, but she is built different than most emhamces i raised. currently using sydgen gavel, sydgen stealth, and sydgen black diamond ai this past january

mg,
the growth fund was/is my favorite of the home raised heifers the fate is in a group with the two niagaras behind her. the fate was bumping $300 $c last month, i think she is 296 or 297 right now. i would have been happier if she would have took ai..

Latest posts