Brangus Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
Did anyone attend the Cow Creek Ranch sale or Coldwater Cattle Co. sale this past fall?

when i get my herd cleaned up from their makeover,,,i gonna make a trip over there. i hope they keep the program going as usual

alacattleman":3i4q0yf1 said:
when i get my herd cleaned up from their makeover,,,i gonna make a trip over there. i hope they keep the program going as usual

what do you plan on getting? Brangus, ultrablack? Id say they will, his son Matt seems pretty forward moving in the family operation

We went to the October bull sale, purchased an Ultrablack bull. Been going for years, seemed strange for Joe not to be there. He had just gotten home the day before from UAB. The bulls were awesome. They kept them down in the pastures at this sale, and you were able to get out and walk amongst them. As long as Joy and Matt have the program, we will continue to buy our bulls there. We got sidelined for a couple of years, our calf crop wasn't as good either. We're back and will stay with the Cow Creek bulls.
P.S. The heifer's they had on Friday weren't too shabby either.

CopeMan":3nv1dgbg said:
alacattleman":3nv1dgbg said:

what do you plan on getting? Brangus, ultrablack? Id say they will, his son Matt seems pretty forward moving in the family operation
im leaning lately toward the ultra blacks..a little brahman goes a long way

brenda":1alt0uj6 said:
We went to the October bull sale, purchased an Ultrablack bull. Been going for years, seemed strange for Joe not to be there. He had just gotten home the day before from UAB. The bulls were awesome. They kept them down in the pastures at this sale, and you were able to get out and walk amongst them. As long as Joy and Matt have the program, we will continue to buy our bulls there. We got sidelined for a couple of years, our calf crop wasn't as good either. We're back and will stay with the Cow Creek bulls.
P.S. The heifer's they had on Friday weren't too shabby either.

I wish I could have made it to the sale, Jeff said its great sale! the ultrablack bulls are very stout looking. I was a little dissapointed when I was there in august on getting to see any bulls, the sale bulls are in Arkansas of course, but the main thing was the herd bulls!! I was really wanting to see that big Sleep Easy herd sire and some of there big ones, but apparently they turn herd bulls over alot.....cuz the only herd bulls there were all young brangus, maybe one 4 year old brangus, and older ultrablack and and angus....a little dissapointing, and Sleep Easy was in Arkansas. but still GREAT bulls and awesome cowherd. just curious I read in the sale report that the volume buyers were from Florida....you didnt by any chance catch who they were did you?

Latest posts