Brahmans?

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle askes which breed would be alive the next day?
I had leopards,my in-laws have cheeters, friends Mike Mee, Syd Lawerence and Johan Greyling have lions, the common breed?-Tuli they raise more calves under these conditions than any other breed.

I don't have any trouble with my Brafords, but they're 3/8 x 5/8. Real Brafords. None of them have tigerstripe. All red/ whiteface. Never heard anyone else talk about attitude problems out of them either. Each for his own I reckon. Worst cow I ever owned was a purebred black angus. I guess the laws of statistics caught up with me.

D.R. Cattle":17tr0oub said:
I don't have any trouble with my Brafords, but they're 3/8 x 5/8. Real Brafords. None of them have tigerstripe. All red/ whiteface. Never heard anyone else talk about attitude problems out of them either. Each for his own I reckon. Worst cow I ever owned was a purebred black angus. I guess the laws of statistics caught up with me.
Brafords tend to be pretty gentle. It's the F1 Tigers that can be crazy. F1 Bra. X Ang can be the same. Brangus seems to gentle down too. A person has to know the difference. Just like a name and a bloodlne or a family name.

la4angus":1ycyzbuu said:
D.R. Cattle":1ycyzbuu said:
Brafords tend to be pretty gentle. It's the F1 Tigers that can be crazy. F1 Bra. X Ang can be the same. Brangus seems to gentle down too. A person has to know the difference. Just like a name and a bloodlne or a family name.

I have a group of mixed of true F1 "brangus" and real 5/8-3/8's brangus. From my experience, the F1's are more likely to be hot. Also, IMO the farther you are in generations with Brangus seems to help with temperment as well (Many brangus breeders will list what generation brangus it is .... 3rd, 4th ,5th etc)

Latest posts