Brahman heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

tex452

Reaction score
We put together 15 Brahman/Brahman x heifers for resale this spring, probably May.
We are going to sell them as open heifers.
They are coming through the winter ok.

Attachments

• 9B559CBC-7A0F-41AA-986A-60D4E36DAEB4.jpeg
    9B559CBC-7A0F-41AA-986A-60D4E36DAEB4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
  • F4866594-9E9F-4621-B982-0E882EB6863F.jpeg
    F4866594-9E9F-4621-B982-0E882EB6863F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
  • 9A679BE5-EC2E-467D-935C-170B374F518E.jpeg
    9A679BE5-EC2E-467D-935C-170B374F518E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
How many are purebred and how many are crosses? What are they crossed with? What percentage Brahma are the crosses? How old are they now?
All but 3-4 are pure.
We picked them up at different sale barns, so we don't know what some are crossed with for sure, the ages are a guess too, but probably around 9-12 months.
We had a buyer that goes to a lot of different sales pickup most of them.
We wanted more but our hay situation limited us.
We keep hay and range meal out all the time, then they get a little sweet feed every other day.

All but 3-4 are pure.
We picked them up at different sale barns, so we don't know what some are crossed with for sure, the ages are a guess too, but probably around 9-12 months.
We had a buyer that goes to a lot of different sales pickup most of them.
We wanted more but our hay situation limited us.
We keep hay and range meal out all the time, then they get a little sweet feed every other day.
Would you sell them before May? No big hurry, but if you get a chance, could you get pics of the 3-4 cross breds? And what is the closest town to where they are? Wanted to do a Mapquest. Would you sell just the purebrds? Sorry for all the questions, but may have a buyer for you.

Would you sell them before May? No big hurry, but if you get a chance, could you get pics of the 3-4 cross breds? And what is the closest town to where they are? Wanted to do a Mapquest. Would you sell just the purebrds? Sorry for all the questions, but may have a buyer for you.
Yes.
Leona is six miles from that ranch, it's in Leon county Texas.

I'm not up there now, but when I get up there I will get pictures.
I have a house there, but don't live there.
Plan was about March 1st or so, I am hauling a horse to Ruidoso, and was going back to El Paso and bring back about 25 Corr cows. I asked my Mexico contact to see if he could find that many black ones bred to one of those Mexican fighting bulls. Sunday he said he was having trouble finding that many in Chihuahua that were bred to one of those of any color, but right now could do 12. If we deal on those Brahmas I would go ahead and haul the horse, get those 12 or so he found, and stop on the way back for those brahmas. If I do, would you have a problem with us unloading them, maybe give them some water and then reloading them? I have 2 cut gates on this trailer, so they would have to be mixed in the 3 compartments to evenly distribute weight. What do you think you will be asking for the heifers? You can PM me if you don't want to say here.

Plan was about March 1st or so, I am hauling a horse to Ruidoso, and was going back to El Paso and bring back about 25 Corr cows. I asked my Mexico contact to see if he could find that many black ones bred to one of those Mexican fighting bulls. Sunday he said he was having trouble finding that many in Chihuahua that were bred to one of those of any color, but right now could do 12. If we deal on those Brahmas I would go ahead and haul the horse, get those 12 or so he found, and stop on the way back for those brahmas. If I do, would you have a problem with us unloading them, maybe give them some water and then reloading them? I have 2 cut gates on this trailer, so they would have to be mixed in the 3 compartments to evenly distribute weight. What do you think you will be asking for the heifers? You can PM me if you don't want to say here.
There would be no problem unloading and watering.
Let me talk to my son about the price, we are partners.

I already talked to Tex, and it makes me sick , that I am not gonna be able to get these at this time. Looks like I am going to have a trailer load when I leave El Paso. Folks, if you are looking, you won't find a set of Brahma heifers any better, at any price. What a great start-up package for anyone wanting to raise Br crosses. You get these 15 and a good polled Hereford bull, or better yet, AI to sexed polled Hereford semen, and you will be selling $2k+ f1 replacement heifers for the next 15 years. They spent a lot of time and effort, putting these girls together. They bought the best of the best from a lot of sales and private treaty deals. 90% of the work in putting together a group like this...they have already done for you.

There would be no problem unloading and watering.
Let me talk to my son about the price, we are partners
I already talked to Tex, and it makes me sick , that I am not gonna be able to get these at this time. Looks like I am going to have a trailer load when I leave El Paso. Folks, if you are looking, you won't find a set of Brahma heifers any better, at any price. What a great start-up package for anyone wanting to raise Br crosses. You get these 15 and a good polled Hereford bull, or better yet, AI to sexed polled Hereford semen, and you will be selling $2k+ f1 replacement heifers for the next 15 years. They spent a lot of time and effort, putting these girls together. They bought the best of the best from a lot of sales and private treaty deals. 90% of the work in putting together a group like this...they have already done for you.
Thanks.

Latest posts