Brahman Female Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
On the 19th of this month there is to be probably one of the most quality packed herd reduction sales ever to be held in the Brahman breed here in Australia. The owners are reorganizing their financial affairs. On offer will be 144 head of mostly pure Hudgins bloodline cows and heifers. This herd has used ET and IVF extensively. They have sold bulls to $120,000 and numerous times 50 to $75,000. Their females have sold to $45,000. It will be difficult to say what the top price for this sale maybe. There are currently lots of Brahman registered females for sale over the next 5/6 months.I will be going along for a look to see if there might be a bargain or two. The infrastructure at this property is to be seen to be belived I have been told. Their entire yards are timber, with grass in all the yards and flowers about. Will give all a report on this event. Any Brahman enthusiasts can access the catalogue via the Australian Brahman Breeders Association website.

Reckon the Indians consider them sacred and don´t eat them .
I have a Droughtmaster Stud that I´m getting out of. Why?

You can´t eat the bloody things , anything with Brahman in it is as tough as old boot leather.

tytower":2uzlb2tc said:
Reckon the Indians consider them sacred and don´t eat them .
I have a Droughtmaster Stud that I´m getting out of. Why?

You can´t eat the bloody things , anything with Brahman in it is as tough as old boot leather.

You're not eating the right Brahman influenced animals! Quality carcass characteristics can be found in all breeds, you just have to select for it.

There's nothing wrong with Brahman meat.Have eaten it from purebreds and a number of crossbreds.
Here's the sale report. Unfortunately I never got to attend it.
142 of the 144 lots sold.
The age range was from 11 years down to 13 mths.
Average was $5,570 for a sale gross of $791,000
7 lots of semen sold to $3,500 averaging $2,000 per straw.
Top sale price was $20,000 for a 3 year old PTIC by JDH Westin Manso ( by JDH Madison de Manso)
2nd Highest price was $16,500 for a 10 year old JDH Datapack Manso daughter with a heifer calf at foot by JDH Palestimo Manso.
3rd highest price was $16,000 for a 3 year old PTIC daughter of JDH Mr Churchill Manso.

Latest posts