brahman calf chewing end of tail

Help Support CattleToday:

dannybeas

Reaction score
I just purchased a show brahman heifer calf. She is chewing on the end of her tail. She has the swatter chewed off and the end is raw from the chewing. I am wanting to know why she is chewing her tail. I have not seen this problem before.

dannybeas":23u2hx7m said:
I just purchased a show brahman heifer calf. She is chewing on the end of her tail. She has the swatter chewed off and the end is raw from the chewing. I am wanting to know why she is chewing her tail. I have not seen this problem before.

I would contact a Vet and ask, it may be many reasons. It could just be a bad habit she picked up, or a serious condition. I would consult a Vet!

dannybeas,
Daisy said it right. A vet is the only choice. There are several ways to break the chewing "habit", but if there is an iratation in the extremity then it needs doctoring.
Good luck,
J.D.

I had a vet come out today. He said that it looked like she got it caught on something and pull the hide off. He said she was probably just licking it because it hert. He gave some medicine to put on it. should be okay.

Thanks For the help

Thaks for the update! Most folks don't come back to tell us the finally. I'm gald it wasn't anything serious. :D

Walt

Latest posts