Box Turtles and Toad Frogs and Bullfrogs.

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Box turtles, Toad Frogs and Bull frogs are hardly in existence in my area. Fifty years ago you could find them everywhere. Any one care to surmise as to why. I am in East Texas.

I think raccoons could be the problem on the turtles they dig up the eggs. I have found where that has happened. Bull frogs could be blamed on the raccoons they would eat the small ones after the hatch. I have an abundance of Raccoons in the area.

I have two of the three in abundance.
Moved two land terrapins out of the county road earlier this week. Been warm enough for them to start moving.
Seen a big alligator snapper crossing the pasture between creeks earlier as well.
Toad frogs all around the house and on the porches. The bullfrog declines I have attributed to otter and coons in abundance since no one traps anymore.
They have totally wiped out two catfish ponds.

It is the Russians,.................................on a serious note it is the Cell towers/cell phones as research conducted in Lausanne, Switzerland has shown that the signal from cell phones is causing this and also maybe leading to their death. All this started after the bag phones began and got worse as more cell phones/cell towers were put into service.

Freshwater mussels are a good indicator of the health of your water. Daughter wanted to see one, and the same stream where as a child, I couldn't step without stepping on one......I couldn't find one. Not even a shell.

jltrent said:
It is the Russians,.................................on a serious note it is the Cell towers/cell phones as research conducted in Lausanne, Switzerland has shown that the signal from cell phones is causing this and also maybe leading to their death. All this started after the bag phones began and got worse as more cell phones/cell towers were put into service.

Incidental BS.

It's a documented fact that chinese are a huge factor in the worldwide decimation of turtles. In a self perpetuating cycle of doom, the rarer it gets the more they'll pay until there's none left. Look what happened to rhinoceroses.

jltrent said:
https://youtu.be/81s8-V8aWJk

on a serious note cell towers may have something to do with the anura, but don't seem to bother the mexican and turkey vulture much. they're living on a cell tower close to here.

cc, you and jr should stick with patching up chainsaws and leaf blowers and stop with the conspiracy bs

Bigfoot said:
Freshwater mussels are a good indicator of the health of your water. Daughter wanted to see one, and the same stream where as a child, I couldn't step without stepping on one......I couldn't find one. Not even a shell.

You stepped on too many as a kid and decimated the breeding stock.