Bout how many acres yall got?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jackson

Reaction score
I was just curious too how much land folks here were running cattle on, I have seen some pretty pasture land pics in here.

Jackson":2c16guk3 said:
I was just curious too how much land folks here were running cattle on, I have seen some pretty pasture land pics in here.

How much money do you have ?

That's essentially the question you're asking

Typically 55 pairs on 250 acres.

Money in the bank? Ask me after the next cow sale.

I think it's a regional thing. I get asked "how many acres do you have" at least once a week around here. Same with "how many cows do you have"? I actually never knew it was rude until I saw it discussed here years ago. I understand why some considered rude, but I never would have known if I didn't read it here.

300 acre on 3 different places (80,70,150) and lease another 80 acre. Don't see what the big deal is about some one asking.

My wife is 5'10" 125# SO :D

Jackson are you asking how many acres we have or more on the lines of cow per acre?

It can very greatly from East to West. Have relatives that live in Wyoming and run 800 moma cows on 50,000ac :shock:

I've never seen the question as trying to size somebody up. Always just friendly banter around my part of MO. 40 acres at the house with close to 500 rented. Not all of the rented ground is pasture.

Latest posts