Bought a bull

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
He's a gert, an ET out of a connors cow and Briggs Roberto son. Pick him up saturday.
Roberto_EAR_05-2017.jpg

Don't know anything about SG, but looks like he makes both sons and daughters well.

I wonder how those EPD's rate vs. Angus or Simmental, some of the his values are much lower than what we see in those breeds.

Good luck with him.
You cannot compare EPD's across breeds - well, there is a chart so that you can!
Thanks, I wouldn't be smart enough to use it wisely, but would like to take a look if you have a link. That is going to be the greatest pain, I won't see results on the foundation herd for another year and a half, I'll know on the new heifers next fall.

Don't know anything about SG, but looks like he makes both sons and daughters well.

I wonder how those EPD's rate vs. Angus or Simmental, some of the his values are much lower than what we see in those breeds.
MARC has done a good bit of work on developing a way to compare EPD's across breeds. Breed averages vary among breeds and when the base was established. Here is a link to their work: https://beefimprovement.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/19_ABEPDpressreleaseandfactsheet.pdf

Latest posts