Bottle Goats

Help Support CattleToday:

Hereford2

Reaction score
Has anyone here used All milk Human baby formula for a bottle goat? I have a few cans of it, that were given to me, but I don't have a use for, supposed to be getting a couple boer bottle babies in a week or so and I was wondering if I could use it in place of goat milk replacer. I've asked this question on other forums, but most people are of the opinion that goat milk replacer is a goat killer. And the baby formula is a worse option. I asked a friend who used to raise goats and they said they thought it would be fine except may have to add something for extra fat. Any idea what kind of fat? Or if it's going to work? I'm looking for opinions about it. I haven't made up my mind either way.

Last edited:
I honestly don't have a clue!!

Don't goats need fed like 6 times a day?
And require very high protein?

It's been a while since I looked at the bag of milk replacer. That ultra 24 Sav a caf was supposed to be multi species

Try: The Goat Spot Forum

Has anyone here used All milk Human baby formula for a bottle goat? I have a few cans of it, that were given to me, but I don't have a use for, supposed to be getting a couple boer bottle babies in a week or so and I was wondering if I could use it in place of goat milk replacer. I've asked this question on other forums, but most people are of the opinion that goat milk replacer is a goat killer. And the baby formula is a worse option. I asked a friend who used to raise goats and they said they thought it would be fine except may have to add something for extra fat. Any idea what kind of fat? Or if it's going to work? I'm looking for opinions about it. I haven't made up my mind either way.
I always added a bit of whipping cream (from cows) to any milk replacer or to goat's milk when I used it to feed small mammals. About one tablespoon per cup of milk. I doubt if human milk replacer would be good for goats. It doesn't have enough protein and other nutrients for fast growing animals like goats. The best milk to use for the baby goats would be goat's milk. Are there any dairy goat herds in your area?

I always added a bit of whipping cream (from cows) to any milk replacer or to goat's milk when I used it to feed small mammals. About one tablespoon per cup of milk. I doubt if human milk replacer would be good for goats. It doesn't have enough protein and other nutrients for fast growing animals like goats. The best milk to use for the baby goats would be goat's milk. Are there any dairy goat herds in your area?
Thank you for the suggestion. I have raw cows milk available. But not goat milk.

Latest posts